• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you want to be stylish LOSE WEIGHT

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trendy Sing Sing
I'm 5'9 and 140, but I always lose around 8 pounds in the summer and gain muscle, as well as get taller, so by the fall I'll be trendy again. Any other lazy people here?

How on earth do you get taller in the summer!?! Besides heels.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Transcendental
unless you're tooooooooo thin

(yes you wmmk)

What? Me, too thin?

Nah, it's cool, I'm bulkin' mah ass up this summer! Spent 2 hours in the gym today, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mc25

Reaction score
LOL!
This stupid thread is in the streewear section too?
Its been going on for weeks in the Mens Clothing section..and its just as stupid there.
If you want a better argument from me, read it in that thread, Im not going to repeat myself...but I will say this.
Those that have the mentality that you need to be thin to look good are just plain ignorant and marsupialed. Style is style, if a thin person looked stylish in one suit, a fat person would have the same amount of style as the thin person.
Also you ignorant b@#$ shouldnt judge people on their weight...thats whats wrong with our society (north america and Europe, other continents are not so obsessed with weight since they have more important things to worry about ie: africa)

F@#$@#$ douche bags....

(I didnt read this thread, but for those in agreement with me, kudos)

FYI: Im not obese, I have some extra weight, but I cherish every pound. Its who I am and those that think other wise ******** off. Weight comes and go, so it doesnt bug me. Ive had more fat, lost it, gained some more, and lost it, its just fat for gods sake. it doesnt define you

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mc25
LOL!
Im not going to repeat myself...but I will say this.
Those that have the mentality that you need to be thin to lose weight are just plain ignorant and marsupialed.

how does that work exactly?
confused.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
PBR has a lot of carbs, man. The only answer. What else do good hipsters eat/drink besides pbr/tempeh/coffee?
heh. If you sub pbr for natty boh, this diet is literally what i've been living on.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those that have the mentality that you need to be thin to lose weight are just plain ignorant and marsupialed.

It was hard picking a winner from all that nonsense but this is the one.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
PBR has a lot of carbs, man. The only answer. What else do good hipsters eat/drink besides pbr/tempeh/coffee?

cocaine. thus negating the pbr.
teacha.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im 5' 11", white and 185 pounds and 33x32 denimz size.

I feel the best at 176 pounds but whatever.

BUT

I get more action when I weigh around 190 right after I stop working out and look a bit chubby. Im more self-conscious above 180 but for some reason it pulls more ass. I dunno!!!!!!!!!!!!
eh.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
LOL! This stupid thread is in the streewear section? Its been going on for weeks in the Mens Clothing section..and its just as stupid there. If you want a better argument, read it in that thread, Im not going to repeat myself...but I will say this. Those that have the mentality that you need to be thin to lose weight are just plain ignorant and marsupialed. Style is style, if a thin person looked stylish in one suit, a fat person would have the same amount of style as the thin person. Also you ignorant b@#$ shouldnt judge people on their weight...thats whats wrong with our society (north america and Europe, other continents are not so obsessed with weight since they have more important things to worry about ie: africa) F@#$@#$ douche bags.... (I dint read this thread, but for those in agreement with me, kudos) FYI: Im not obese, I have some extra weight, but I cherish every pound. Its who I am and those that think other wise ******** off. Weight comes and go, so it doesnt bug me. Ive had more fat, lost it, gaiend some more, and lost it, its just fat for gods sake. it doesnt define you
I couldn't read this post because some fat **** was in the way.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I couldn't read this post because some fat **** was in the way.
Hey, i'm not fat, eason. I'm average/athletic//real man/muscular build.....I swear there is muscle under the fat
frown.gif
Good call on the natty, magician. That swill is all over the place down here and cheap as hell (rarely over $4-5 a pitcher, sometimes less). I prefer keystone light for my ultra cheap light beer though.

denimaddict

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Im 5' 11", white and 185 pounds and 33x32 denimz size.

I feel the best at 176 pounds but whatever.

BUT

I get more action when I weigh around 190 right after I stop working out and look a bit chubby. Im more self-conscious above 180 but for some reason it pulls more ass. I dunno!!!!!!!!!!!!
eh.gif

wtf haha

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
It's because Jesse looks downright cherubic at 190.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
heh. If you sub pbr for natty boh, this diet is literally what i've been living on.

PBR has a much better taste. I'm using PBR in conjunction with my strict 'hashbrowns fried in bacon fat' diet to fulfill my king-size journey to reach king-size Homer proportions and gain disability status to work at home. Then I don't have to worry about losing style, since I'll be working in the nude!

Wish me luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads