• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Well, Kaka the other day, now C Ronaldo. RM is after their new cast of Los Galacticos I see.

b

I thought Real were going to do the right thing when they went with Pellegrini. I figured they'd let him build his own side.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know the ins-and-outs of the personnel there or anything. But the new Pres states that he wanted to go back to his "Galacticos policy." As if the guys they have are **** or something.

Were Los Galacticos that successful? I thought they weren't. Will this combination be any better?

b

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This news has made my summer.His attitude this season has been a disgrace,playing only for himself.We should have sold him last summer when he expressed his desire to go.£80 million is a fantastic price too.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
This news has made my summer.His attitude this season has been a disgrace,playing only for himself.We should have sold him last summer when he expressed his desire to go.£80 million is a fantastic price too.

Would Man U have received more if CR was sold last summer?

I wish Man U would have just said £100 million for CR if you want him last year and dared Real to buy him.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
Would Man U have received more if CR was sold last summer?

I wish Man U would have just said £100 million for CR if you want him last year and dared Real to buy him.

I guess the fee last year would have been around the same.
I am sure he will be a big success at Real because he might actually show an interest in playing for the team.
It should be an interesting few weeks as Ribery is the obvious choice as replacement but Bayern are quoting £87 million.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
It should be an interesting few weeks as Ribery is the obvious choice as replacement but Bayern are quoting £87 million.

Last estimates I read were £40m which for Ribery is very expensive, £87 would be an insane price to pay for him.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Either Benzema or Ribery would be nice additions. I'm in two minds about Tevez, he seems high maintenance but did work quite well with Rooney for a while. Hopefully some of the younger players will come through.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inter have already ditched crespo and figo. i'd like to see them ditch cruz, materazzi, and vieira as well (all the old guys except for zanetti).

they've signed milito and motta from genoa and i would love to see tevez or ribery end up in milan as well. supposedly maradonna told tevez he should join inter.

Chris2289

Reaction score
Any player united go after now is going to have there prices doubled, especially because fergie is known to pay them. Benzema will be the obvious choice, I think united will have to pay 30m+ to land him. I think they will also get Valencia, which could turn out to be some good business although everytime I have seen him play he hasn't showed much to suggest he is that good but in a good team he should get the chance to shine.

I can't believe how happy so many united fans are to see the back of ronaldo. When we lost Vieira and Henry I was absolutely gutted and neither of them were at their peak so it must feel much worse to lose a player who's best is yet to come and is that good already!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sorry that he wanted to leave Utd to go elsewhere. But given that he felt that way, this is a great piece of business, and offers Utd a great chance to reconfigure.

Standard Toaster

Reaction score
United will almost definitely buy Valencia. If they don't feel the Tevez deal is going to go through, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Eto'o on the cheap.

Despite Sir Alex's admiration for Benzema, he will not buy him.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yup, Valencia is the deal that is being pursued at the moment. If only Nani could step up - I'm not sure he's capable of it, doesn't seem to have the right attitude. Though I admired the work rate of Tevez, he spouts his mouth off too often for my liking. Plus he doesn't seem to want to stay anymore.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Hala Madrid!

David Villa is in the pocket books. almost a done deal.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ do you think this Galacticos #2 policy is really work for the team. Sure, you'll have the marketing bucks but the team?

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Hala Madrid!

David Villa is in the pocket books. almost a done deal.

As a Real fan would you not like to see a defender or 4 coming in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads