• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People doing weird things in public

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
seen people getting shaved, massaged, having dental work, having their ears cleaned, getting haricuts
Roadside barbers/dentists FTW!
96ff0_road+side+dentist.jpg
610x.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Seen ****** diapers get changed, and the dirty stuff just tossed to the ground (common practice in certain places).

Seen a guy punching himself, re: Fightclub scene where you figure out he's crazy

Seen a car load of hotties pull up at a light, one gets out, hikes up her skirt and let's splash.

Seen all kinds of sex (some going solo, some with a partner)

Shooting up was always a little weird to see

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once went to the John Lobb factory in Northampton. Walking back towards the train station I was thinking to myself "what a nice quiet little town" when a garbage truck drove by, a guy stuck his head out and yelled "I'LL ******* KILL YOU!!!" It was only me and 1 other guy walking down the street, and he didn't even seem to notice.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen 10 year olds and younger sniffing glue, a dog being slaughtered and roasted, defecations, purse snatchings and last week, a bunch of construction workers on their break holding down one of their pals while a guy is pulling his pants off.

bramiro

Reaction score
- Seen a woman carrying a baby whilst holding a knife as well. We were assuming that the woman wasn't sane and the child was kidnapped.

- Was riding on a jeep with a friend and there's this woman who was crazy if I am not mistaken. She was holding a rosary and mumbling nonsense non stop and other passengers were looking at her as well. I was even thinking that there might be a hidden camera somewhere and that were in a gag show.
laugh.gif

- Kids sniffing rugby outside.

i.gif

i.gif

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One time when I lived in San Juan, a midget ran out in the street and kamakazied my car, bouncing into the side of it, just past the driver's side door, and bounced back off with a crazy leer on his face like nothing had ever happened.

That encounter pretty much changed my life.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my ride home last night, some old crazy lady loudly blessed the subway car. I assume she was quoting scripture. Very graphic "Blood of Christ," type scripture. Everyone completely ignored her, as if it happened everyday. Even a five-year-old was completely unfazed by the occurrence.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every day on my way home from work, there's this old african american lady holding a sign at the bus stop saying, "repent, the messiah and lord jesus is coming" - no matter what - in rain, snow, heat...

closetmess

Reaction score
We in Toronto are proud to have "Zanta", who is a 30-40 something dude who wears a santa hat, no shirt and is commonly found on the Subway. He is famous for his pushups all over the place. Wikipedia here and a 15 min documentary here. Good readin/watching. He turned into this character on account of his daughter being taken.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I've seen 10 year olds and younger sniffing glue, a dog being slaughtered and roasted, defecations, purse snatchings and last week, a bunch of construction workers on their break holding down one of their pals while a guy is pulling his pants off.

Just another manic Monday in Manila?

Something I remember walking up Toronto's Yonge St was a guy walking his dog...in a baby stroller. The dog was strapped in like you would, erm, I guess, a baby.

Vito

Reaction score
This happened back in the 1990s, while I was jogging through my neighborhood park in the early evening:

A young Latino man dressed in a mariachi band costume (sombrero included) was running towards me. He was a little guy, maybe 4'10" or 4'11", with dark Mexican Indian features. As he approached, I noticed that he smelled like liquor. As he got closer I noticed that the front of his pants was open, his dick was hanging out, and he was urinating. The pee was kind of spraying out and around him as he frantically ran past me.

I ran back to my place and called 911, because I didn't know if this guy was in need of serious assistance or if he might be a danger to others. I gotta give the dispatcher credit -- she kept her cool when I gave a description of the guy ("He's a little less than five feet tall, dark skin, dressed in a mariachi costume...") without scoffing or laughing.

My only guess is that the guy had been a musician or dancer at a wedding in the Latino part of town, got really drunk, wandered up Lincoln Avenue toward my neighborhood, and ended up getting lost.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Just another manic Monday in Manila? Something I remember walking up Toronto's Yonge St was a guy walking his dog...in a baby stroller. The dog was strapped in like you would, erm, I guess, a baby.
Oh god, that reminds me of a trip. We were having a very leisurely lunch on the patio of a nice restaurant. While we're chillin' over dessert and wine, we see the portly woman of a certain age talking to the hostess. Something about bringing a baby stroller up to a table. So the fat broad is making a big deal about arranging her table just so. Out of the Subaru, parked across the street, comes another tubby woman of a certain age. You see her fat arse bent over the back seat, loading something into a baby stroller. She pulls it up to her table...it's a ******* dog.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who live in Bethesda/Friendship heights may know this one: There is a woman commonly seen in the metro station or Near TJ Maxx in Friendship Heights. She is a black woman dressed in all (dingy) white clothes with a baby carriage covered in a white sheet. Her face and skin has black paint on it (it may be dirt). She mumbles to herself. One day on the Metro she was mumbling to herself and then said very clearly, "oh laud, I guess I'll play this harmonica!" and starts jamming out some uptempo blue number. It was crazy how awesome it was but it made me sad that her talent was wasted on the streets.

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
We in Toronto are proud to have "Zanta", who is a 30-40 something dude who wears a santa hat, no shirt and is commonly found on the Subway. He is famous for his pushups all over the place. Wikipedia here and a 15 min documentary here. Good readin/watching. He turned into this character on account of his daughter being taken.

+1 He's nuts. Wearing shorts, combat boots and a Santa hat doing pushup at my bus station at -20C...burrrr.

I saw a homeless guy on Old Bond Street in London on all fours, pants off, pushing out a log on teh sidewalk in front of the posh stores. No one even blinked, they all just passed around him as if he wasn't there.
confused.gif

LexSenthur

Reaction score
I was asked for money by a group of teenagers wearing designer clothes.

The same day I met a bum who told me he was going to send Obama back to Brazil. >.>

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads