• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best workout book/guide????

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a few workout books/guides out there... anyway tried to follow any? A few I have seen on amazon have gotten great reviews but I am not sure that means they are actually worth buying.....

Men's Health Power Training: Build Bigger, Stronger Muscles with through Performance-based Conditioning

I have heard the Javorek Complex Conditioning book is suppose to be great but I cannot find it....

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
There seems to be quite a few workout books/guides out there... anyway tried to follow any? A few I have seen on amazon have gotten great reviews but I am not sure that means they are actually worth buying.....

Men's Health Power Training: Build Bigger, Stronger Muscles with through Performance-based Conditioning

I have heard the Javorek Complex Conditioning book is suppose to be great but I cannot find it....

I think you actually have to buy this book directly from his site (http://www.istvanjavorek.com/book/) . If I remember correctly, you have a choice of downloading the "e-book" or having it mailed to you.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rippetoe's "Starting Strength", or "Practical Programming" if you're advanced.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
starting strength is good. I wouldn't recommend the javorek stuff unless you have some heavy lifting barbell strength - a base of limit strength to start off with first.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good base atm, been going to the gym steady for about 8 months straight. Before that I went on and off (a few months in the gym then I'd get too busy and stop for a month) for years... I could never just keep going though, something woud always come up and I'd stop..... I am just sick of the same old **** and would like some guidance...

I like the conditioning aspect of Javorek and the fact that its not all ur run of the mill workouts... plus the results are suppose to be great.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I think you actually have to buy this book directly from his site (http://www.istvanjavorek.com/book/) . If I remember correctly, you have a choice of downloading the "e-book" or having it mailed to you.

holy **** that is an expensive book.....

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been reading dan john's book to work on my power clean. my gym back home has a lot of plates but no racks (!!!) so I will have to take my weight from the floor.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The men's health better body blueprint. Its very practical for getting in shape not neccessarily getting ripped. IMO building lean slow twitch muscle is much more important than getting bulky.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest the simple way: Go to bodybuilding forums. Stock up on knowledge and workout info.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh, just like with these forums, there's a lot of confusion there. best to just pick a program you can stick with for twelve weeks.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Rippetoe's "Starting Strength", or "Practical Programming" if you're advanced.

+1

Originally Posted by pseudonym
I'd suggest the simple way:

Go to bodybuilding forums. Stock up on knowledge and workout info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads