• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butterfly
Come on someone must have an answer to this... do I have to say please?
eh.gif

Vass is not bespoke. It's made to measure as they use existing lasts and they do not make a modified footbed. There are also limited styles/leathers/soles which one can choose.

Vass does not travel.

Prices are around 110,000 forint IIRC.

Contact Eva Vass, Lazlo's daughter. You can PM me for her email.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
well i was hoping you would tell me it was or not - but all i got was ????????, so useless!:p

you seem to be bored
boxing[1].gif

this was a single piece and all i can hope is, the new owner can appreciate what he'll get soon.

ps: certainly, i can ask mr. kiss and find out. additionally, i can have a look, if he has another hide.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the "old" story: smorgasbrod
smile.gif
on their way to scandinavia
gk72.jpg
gk7.jpg
gk73.jpg
I got my shoes last week but unforunatley there was a missunderstanding with the sizing. Fritzl has been very acomodating however and I have sent them back and he will find a new pair for me during his next trip. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: now there's a happy end and florida is calling: fritzl, Thank you for letting me join the club ... I consider it a honor to own a pair of shoes that were lovingly and painstakingly hand-made by Mr. Kiss. You have a big heart, and I greatly admire your project to help. Not only am I happy about getting a truly handmade product, but I am extremely happy that the money I spend would go towards helping this great shoemaker in hard times. Way better overpaying for mass made shoes and making rich companies richer. I am proud to be part of the cause.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
you seem to be bored
boxing[1].gif

this was a single piece and all i can hope is, the new owner can appreciate what he'll get soon.

ps: certainly, i can ask mr. kiss and find out. additionally, i can have a look, if he has another hide.

yes ask him as if you have them in a 41 the i might take then.

the reason why i asked is it is the first time i have seen a grain like that on calf suede

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
+ 1, I want to see those bad boys..
yep, would be nice...
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Is there any news on that front? schedule
it looks alike, it'll be a three day trip. I want to visit Marcell at Koronya, pay a visit to VASS, meet mr. feher and jenö kovacs. at the moment, we are talking about the last week of june. i'll let you know asap.
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
yes ask him as if you have them in a 41 the i might take then.

certainly, i have a look.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
yep, would be nice...
I wore them to Suppenkuche, as you asked, but no foot pics. I'll take some next time I wear them.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I wore them to Suppenkuche, as you asked, but no foot pics. I'll take some next time I wear them.

great, thanks

btw, did you get comments on them?
smile.gif

604action

Reaction score
What odd looking boots!
3f4366aeb9c157cf9a30c90693eafc55.jpg

marcus-

Reaction score
Frtizl or anyone else,

is there a specific shoe style called a wiener like there is a budapester? I have looked in mr Vass book and he seems to point to a particular style that is semi-brouge with a banana shaped last and a lower toe cap than the budapester. Also with metal taps on the heels. He doesn't really call it a wiener or anything like that but says that it is popular in Vienna.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

WTF is Suppenkuche?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics