• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but i bet you the girls think you look really fly in PR!! No worries, my neighbors all dress up like that when they go to parties. Its the norm around here. Just buy clothes that fit, even if its boring and not fashionable, you will still be fine. have fun.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dan,
I'd really recommend starting a workout schedule. I lot of the younger guys here (wmmk, kodiak, etc. sometimes myself included) have a hard time getting a good fit because we are thin. I'm slowing gaining body mass because I swim and play water polo and I really think getting in shape will help clothes fit a lot better. Inexpensive brands will have less trendy(read: baggier) cuts and just gaining weight will allow you to buy clothes from places like j. crew, gap, etc. that fit well.

the_pole

Reaction score
I need some help lol , I dont know what to wear to a club , I was thinking a button up (dont know what color or pattern) APC NC and shoes i have no idea

i have brown boatshoes ,navy boatshoes ,navy sperry loafers , chucks and vans in my closet right now

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_pole
I need some help lol , I dont know what to wear to a club , I was thinking a button up (dont know what color or pattern) APC NC and shoes i have no idea

i have brown boatshoes ,navy boatshoes ,navy sperry loafers , chucks and vans in my closet right now

Depends on the club, I'd say.
You got some desert boots? If not just stick with the vans or chucks.

danracer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
but i bet you the girls think you look really fly in PR!! No worries, my neighbors all dress up like that when they go to parties. Its the norm around here. Just buy clothes that fit, even if its boring and not fashionable, you will still be fine. have fun.

thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Dan,
I'd really recommend starting a workout schedule. I lot of the younger guys here (wmmk, kodiak, etc. sometimes myself included) have a hard time getting a good fit because we are thin. I'm slowing gaining body mass because I swim and play water polo and I really think getting in shape will help clothes fit a lot better. Inexpensive brands will have less trendy(read: baggier) cuts and just gaining weight will allow you to buy clothes from places like j. crew, gap, etc. that fit well.

thanks, yeah i have to start hitting the gym, i dont like to go alone thats why i dont go so ill have to get a buddy of mine to go with me hehe, thnx for the tips

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yeah and if you've already gotten into zara you are a couple steps ahead. Might want to try H&M, too. It is about the same price range but with better pieces, IMO.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always had a difficult time gaining weight. If you want to gain weight, Ensure Plus will do it. Just eat a regular meal then drink one of them, once daily. I had typhoid one summer and dropped below 130 (I'm 6'2")! I went up to normal in a few months following this regimen.

danracer

Reaction score
im really happy i found this forum
biggrin.gif
ive always liked the dressing with style and all that but needed inspiration and pointers
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by tigerFormula
^^ Yeah and if you've already gotten into zara you are a couple steps ahead. Might want to try H&M, too. It is about the same price range but with better pieces, IMO.
yeah i wish we had a H&M here, i have a plain tee and v and some button downs and they fit really nice,

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
It's not as easy to gain weight as some people think. It can be just as hard for a skinny person to gain weight as it is for a fat person to lose weight.

Based off his photo, it looks like he has the structure to gain weight really easily, neck is pretty thick and shoulders are pretty decent. But danracer seems pretty young (based off the braces), and if he sticks to a decent weight training program, his size will come with age.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Hanes white tee (sup simpboi!)
APC NS
Raf Simons X Outdoor Products backpack

Dog by The Temple of Jawnz

cute dog!
blush.gif

Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Yes, all of those.
i want posterzzz

It's not as easy to gain weight as some people think. It can be just as hard for a skinny person to gain weight as it is for a fat person to lose weight.

truth.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
6709pic.jpg

ray ban
agnes b jacket
paul smith shirt
paul smith belt
agnes b trouser
vass budapester

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'd go as far as saying it's more hard to gain weight than lose it. At least the good kind of weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads