• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
What I thought.

+1. Then I remembered I don't recall ever seeing Eason with braces.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danracer
lol okay, so...this is why i joined this forum haha hopefully after some reading and some time i can dress better but hey this was my attempt at dressing semi-formal for a friends wedding on the beach...but yeah i dont have a job and im a college student so its hard for me to buy the luxury shirts, belts, etc and i dont know any local stores that sell the brands that you guys wear but yeah hopefully i can get to buy some stuff over the net and get to dress better...

okay thnks for the pointers

hehe yeah

Cool, welcome to the forum, I suggest staying away from the luxury brands as a college student, you can certainly look good on a budget if you're reasonably proportioned and know where to shop, try to look at the lower end stuff as you will still be able to have some variety within your budget, brands like H&M, American Apparel, Gap, Uniqlo, J.crew. Fit is the most important thing in the world, once you've got that you can start thinking about the colours and styles that you like and that work for you. Don't be afraid to talk to a tailor and get things taken in (which I'm sure you will do as you seem as skinny as me).

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
3611089575_d9001f38ce_o.jpg

Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
storytelling waywt:
n2014673_57488450_4676549.jpg
n2014673_57488406_5413194.jpg
4505_10100152782140181_2014673_57488305_5722059_n.jpg

Your shirts make you look like you have a gut.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
PG, it just isn't the same without your trademark smile.
- noted

Back to Topic

Temp - 26c - 29c, same as yesterday.. Low clouds & will rain.. The wet season is upon us in HKG
Days Agenda - Wednesday, usual meetings, lunch with team then fitting with Mystery..

Must get bigger windows.. Need more light
L1010809_2.jpg
L1010810_2.jpg

L1010812_2.jpg
L1010811_2-1.jpg

This is all true to color..
L1010814_2.jpg

L1010817_2.jpg

L1010815_2.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Your shirts make you look like you have a gut.

I'm fairly certain they do have guts.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture014.jpg
zara/armani exchange/zara/bostonian

Just a few general tips: 1. Either roll your sleeves up or down. IMO rolling the sleeve once looks like ****. 2. Hem your pants and your shirt sleeve, they are too long (don't worry if you're on a college budget, these are both pretty cheap alterations) 3. Get new shoes and belt, in brown. The black clashes with your pants. 4. Look into new black shoes (though not for this outfit). I can't make out the detail, but the ones you have on look pretty damn inelegant I don't usually comment on WAYWT, since I don't really give two ***** what others wear, but since you asked for advice, that is what immediately comes to my mind. Hope that at least gets you headed in the right direction.

Trendy Sing Sing

Reaction score
And the belt buckle is ridiculously pretentious.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add on: never buy square toed shoes. Ever.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trendy Sing Sing

Agreed.

FWIW, if you want to wear a gaudy belt buckle that's your prerogative, (though I don't think your belt is doing you any favors), but I would suggest saving the AX belt for more casual fits with something like jeans or chinos. IIRC, this was for a wedding or something right? If that's the case, I think the logo buckle is way too casual. Next time wear a belt with a dressier buckle.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher

As much as I don't like the idea of peremptory, cut-and-dried style dictates... yeah, this pretty much is.

danracer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
^ you sound like a nice guy. welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by migel
Also, try to use sentences and paragraphs. Welcome!

thnx for the welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Cool, welcome to the forum, I suggest staying away from the luxury brands as a college student, you can certainly look good on a budget if you're reasonably proportioned and know where to shop, try to look at the lower end stuff as you will still be able to have some variety within your budget, brands like H&M, American Apparel, Gap, Uniqlo, J.crew. Fit is the most important thing in the world, once you've got that you can start thinking about the colours and styles that you like and that work for you. Don't be afraid to talk to a tailor and get things taken in (which I'm sure you will do as you seem as skinny as me).

thanks, unfortunately we dont have h&m, AA,uniqlo etc...here in PR ( that i know of) but yeah thnx for the tips
biggrin.gif
and yeah im real skinny ~113 and im 6'0 and its a pain in the @$$ to find stuff that fits nice, so i think ill be go to the tailor more often now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by onion
Just a few general tips:

1. Either roll your sleeves up or down. IMO rolling the sleeve once looks like ****.
2. Hem your pants and your shirt sleeve, they are too long (don't worry if you're on a college budget, these are both pretty cheap alterations)
3. Get new shoes and belt, in brown. The black clashes with your pants.
4. Look into new black shoes (though not for this outfit). I can't make out the detail, but the ones you have on look pretty damn inelegant

I don't usually comment on WAYWT, since I don't really give two ***** what others wear, but since you asked for advice, that is what immediately comes to my mind. Hope that at least gets you headed in the right direction.

thanks a lot for the tips, really appreciate it
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trendy Sing Sing
haha thats the only belt i have in black and i use it for casual wear and stuff, so i need to buy a simpler more elegant one.

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
haha why??

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because square toe shoes are awful.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, unfortunately we dont have h&m, AA,uniqlo etc...here in PR ( that i know of) but yeah thnx for the tips
biggrin.gif
and yeah im real skinny ~113 and im 6'0 and its a pain in the @$$ to find stuff that fits nice, so i think ill be go to the tailor more often now.
smile.gif

I feel stupid for asking this, but what is "PR"? And holy ****, you are skinnier than me. And yeah, square toes are kinda bad.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

danracer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I feel stupid for asking this, but what is "PR"? And holy ****, you are skinnier than me. And yeah, square toes are kinda bad.
PR is Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by tagutcow
eek.gif
Here's a better idea:
cheeseburger.jpg

lmao i eat a lot of those but i never seem to gain any weight haha i have turbo metabolism
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads