• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Appreciation

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
James Bond , I love the model you posted above...
They're understated and very elegant and I do not find normally spectators very aesthetically pleasing..

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
bb2ahy.jpg

bb3k.jpg

I never tire of these BB.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB Peal (Alfred Sargent 87 last) courtesy of greekgeek:

100_3109.jpg

100_3110.jpg

100_3112.jpg

Taped them off and treated them with suede/nubuck spray, then carefully applied a coat of navy Meltonian cream over the black calf areas. Buffed with nylon stockings.

egghead

Reaction score
Hi gents

Confessions first - after months of lurking on this forum, I took the plunge and ordered a pair of Vass spectators in dark brown and antique cognac. Unfortunately, when they did arrive a few days ago, to my dismay, they were (are) at least 1/2 a size too small. So - no option but to sell them.

Summary:
Brand spanking new Vass spectators in dark brown and antique cognac (right shoe worn once, left never) - the shoes are still in the box
Double leather sole
Goyser stitching
Made on the 3636 last
Size 8 (UK)/42 EU

Also included in the package:
Vass shoe trees
Burgol shoe creams in both colors
Brand new brush
Vass shoe sacks

Paid $800+ for these. Asking $450.

Please email (agam underscore is at yahoo dot com) if there is interest and I can send images (haven't figured out how to upload hi-res images yet).

Thanks.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by egghead
...So - no option but to sell them.

Summary:

Summary: wrong forum.
Please post in the buy-sell forum.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
Wes, I'm a big fan of that particular Peal model.

Thanks! I kinda wished it was brown/white, but since beggars can't be choosers...Btw, had I not already had these, I probably would've jumped on the ones you had for sale!

clintonf

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent MTO. Dark Green leather and White Suede.
Photo138.jpg
Photo139.jpg
Clint

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Very nice, AS seems to have polished/buffed the hell out of the leather sections. That'll save you the trouble of polishing them yourself, at least for now...
smile.gif
Clint, what last are those specs made on?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
^ Very nice, AS seems to have polished/buffed the hell out of the leather sections. That'll save you the trouble of polishing them yourself, at least for now...
smile.gif
Clint, what last are those specs made on?

Yeah, I do like the polishing that I get.

They are based upon the classic collection shoe George. Therefore, they are on the 87 Last.

I've also been give tips on how to keep them clean (apart from not wearing them). I feel better about them now that I've got the tips.

Cheers

Clint

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Barker Black Specs but I can't drop a grand on shoes right now. Anyone have any alternatives in a brown calf/suede spec in the $400-$500 range?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads