• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Why is it dumb? Why is it pretentious? A store that has that type of customer loyalty has often built it up through years of exemplary customer service. For example, I needed a pair of cufflinks for a wedding, I knew exactly what I needed, and I needed them before leaving for the end of the week. I *could* have gone with any number of retailers and gambled on getting them by Thursday, but I went with Gary Drinkwater, who I knew would come through in a pinch. He didn't have exactly what I wanted, but he phoned around immediately, found what I needed, and had them dropped shipped, express, from a supplier, the very same day. I was willing to pay 20% or so more than the closest competitor because I knew that with Gary, I was not going to have to worry, that he would follow up and make sure that things went smoothly.

At Kuhlmans, which I visit everytime I go to Seattle, I know that I can bring in my suit, which they tailored for me a good while back, but which still doesn't fit perfectly, and they will make adjustments to it free of further charge and willingly, until it does. I make a point of buying my Nice Collective there, if they have the piece I want, even if another place in the city carries it for less, not just because I want to ensure that I can get that type of service (which saves me a lot of headaches) for years to come, but because that type of service makes me like patronizing the store.

28ld3n.jpg

Lachy

Reaction score
worship.gif
hahah jet, you make my day! Though I do side with LA Guy on this one.

The cliff notes for you:
Some people won't sell to the lowest bidder, in exchange for superior service at a known retailer
teacha.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hopefully the .gif won't make an appearance any time jet's being called upon to read more than five sentences.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by okaysee
Stopped by Nom De Guerre today, they've got SS09 stuff on sale from 30-40% off. BoO, Patrick Ervell, Common Projects, and Red Wings also on sale downstairs.

Not quite accurate.

Nom De Guerre & CP's are 40% across the board.

Remaining BoO, Ervell are 60%. Okay selection of both in smaller sizes.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad ss09 NDG was terrible. Megarib pullover lolwut?

Fever.se has free shipping, no VAT and 30% off a selection off pieces from W+H, RO, Levi's and a few other choice peoples.

The gentlemen who runs it is a champion as well and is a great guy.

Gravitypope has a big sale as well, for all those who love W+H, like me.

Check it out brothers!

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
Not quite accurate.

Nom De Guerre & CP's are 40% across the board.

Remaining BoO, Ervell are 60%. Okay selection of both in smaller sizes.

is this a NY store?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yes in the soho NY store. their cp selection was weak - the ugly hardy ripoffs and the safari boots

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
yes in the soho NY store. their cp selection was weak - the ugly hardy ripoffs and the safari boots

somebody would rip off hardy waow

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info.

i will check out ndg soon. i really like their button down shirts.

apc sales should be coming up really soon.

UserName84

Reaction score
Havent seen it posted in here but Blackbird has put more stuff on sale as of the 4th.

Wings + Horns
Robert Geller
Common Projects
Julius
Diet Butcher Slim Skin
Coming Soon
KZO
Acne Jeans
Rogues Gallery
Rag & Bone
Odyn Vovk
Chausser
Jack Spade
Comme des Garcons
Band of Outsiders
Nom de Guerre
...and some other stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads