• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hill-Side

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
^ Hopefully on the soft side, especially since this dude is rubbing his glasses with the chambray.

03.jpg

We need CityConnection to chime in on the safety of chambray hankerchiefs on glasses.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they say the ties age better with wear ... i wonder if the hemp selvage denim will bleed on shirts if rained on or even if you sweat too much on a hot day haha

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I. Am. Buying. The. Red. Bandana. TODAY.

Edit: Done!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how are you gonna use it? really as a bandana or putting in your back pocket?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely around my neck, but occasionally in my back pocket. Funny thing is, I'm working on a project right now to make an indigo selvage bandana.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
how are you gonna use it? really as a bandana or putting in your back pocket?
I keep a bandana tucked discreetly away in my back pocket during spring and summer for wiping off sweat. I walk everywhere I need to go, and do not have the benefit of air conditioning. They've come in handy for other things too.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I keep a bandana tucked discreetly away in my back pocket during spring and summer for wiping off sweat. I walk everywhere I need to go, and do not have the benefit of air conditioning. They've come in handy for other things too.

I just went from picturing you as a stylish yet classic man about town to a vagrant who beats off into hankys on public transportation.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
I just went from picturing you as a stylish yet classic man about town to a vagrant who beats off into hankys on public transportation.
Depends on what day of the week.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered the red bandana as well. i will eventually pick up those ties too

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, it hasn't gone far enough!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am hoping americana and workwear is not just some trend .... but if europe and japan are an example, it wont be. it will be a lifestyle for years to come like it is over in japan now

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so you think anyone who now wears selvage and workwear are hobos? haha

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
As a good friend once told me, "Methinketh the selvedge train has gotten derailed somewhere and all the hobos are jumping aboard."
i have to agree...but it would be nice to see pics of someone pulling one of these ties off (it doesn't count if you are a train engineer who wears striped overalls)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads