• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my old posts do not show my signature or the "edit" button, whereas more recent ones do. For example, compare posts 15 and 33 in this thread about seersucker suits. Is it supposed to be this way? Does it work like this for everyone?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
Some of my old posts do not show my signature or the "edit" button, whereas more recent ones do. For example, compare posts 15 and 33 in this thread about seersucker suits. Is it supposed to be this way? Does it work like this for everyone?
Editing posts only works for a certain amount of time. When you post, there is an option for "show your signature" and if it is not checked your sig will not attach to the post. If you had no signature at that time, the box would have been unchecked by default, and thus you would have no signatures on those posts.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Thanks dude. You kind of rule.
Kind of? Kind of?!? Either you are doing too much or too little studying for that wine final -- which one I do not know. ~ H

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Kind of? Kind of?!? Either you are doing too much or too little studying for that wine final -- which one I do not know.

~ H

quickreply isnt working for me. am i the only one with that problem? i recently started using IE 8.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Kind of? Kind of?!? Either you are doing too much or too little studying for that wine final -- which one I do not know.

~ H

laugh.gif

Passed w/ flying colors. 100%. The blind tasting was pretty hard, but I got a little lucky.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif

Passed w/ flying colors. 100%. The blind tasting was pretty hard, but I got a little lucky.

Woot! Congrat's mate! I'll down the next shiraz in your honour!
cheers.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reposted:

Originally Posted by buyer's remorse
why do minorities always feel threatened by everything? this victim thinking makes me want to go out on a genocidal shooting spree. blacks, asians, mexicans alike - how about that for equal opportunity?

you know why people make fun of asians as weak and submissive? because they WHINE about everything. oh noes, someone pointed out our accent! oh noes, someone pointed out our slanty eyes! ironically, protesting about something that is true (asian accents ARE funny sound and most asians DO have slanty eyes) is also an implicit concession that having a funny accent and slanty eyes is a bad thing, which also implicitly concedes that anything that isn't white (e.g. speaking like a white person and having double eyelids) is superior.

asians (and all other "minorities"): actions speak louder than words.

I deleted this once, because several other member felt that it was offensive (in the original post you said "no wonder there was the holocaust".) You need to respect moderation. Rewording it and keeping the same spirit isn't going to make me change my mind.

Now I am going to have to give you a big long time out - not just for the offending post, but for flaunting a moderation decision. This place runs because the decisions of moderators are respected and final. If you wish to exercise your First Amendment rights, go to your nearest street corner.

You are going to spend a month off. Upon your return, I will expect an apology.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to develop a system where you will be charged $ for bumps
smile.gif
Seriously. The market will dictate the value of bumps under different situations. Hope you free marketeers are happy.

Originally Posted by RJE
Mr Moo isn't so bad at the bumps. But lately, there have been a lot of unnecessary bumps which keep a few sellers' posts at the top and the irregular sellers' posts vanish. Beginning to think that the only reason for a bump should be 10% discount across the board (not just on one item out of 5 listed) - and cap the no. of them per thread (to discourage stupid pricing and 20 bumps following it). The following are recent examples - and many were consecutive posts in the same threads eg the bottom 3.
answered pm.
added another photo
added measurements
added another photo
item 1 sold subject to payment
open to offers on item 2
item 1 now sold
bump - item now 599 [previously 605]
it totally is. the coat, waistcoat, and pants are superlative. i need the pants though, thus the separate sale if i can
pics now up
now 100
now 95
now 90
now 85
now 80
now 75
Item 4 now sold. You should grab item 3 - RRP is 450!
off the market. im keeping this one
Sold thank you
Received a lot of offers on the pen, but its still for sale.
Sold
Measurements for shoulders of first jacket posted as per request
No ones interested in purple label at 75% off? Ill accept offers.
Ive had a lot of interest on the purple label sport coat so it may be sold. Waiting on replies from several potential buyers.
More pictures on request.
Selling for $10
Price reduced to $9
Price dropped to $8.50
Price dropped to $8
They are beautiful- you never know till you try!
Just to emphasise as I have been asked- all prices include shipping anywhere by 'Royal Mail International Signed For'. Thank you.
Number 6 Sold Pending Payment
Number 6 now sold.
It is a pretty unique shoe! Make an offer?!
Now Taking Offers As Want To Clear
Thank you for the offers so far- as I said I am looking to clear so anything fair will be considered.
Langton priced to go- great dea now $560 INCLUDING shipping anywhere.
Final price drop on Langton to $550 including shipping.
Will now listen to offers before placing on ebay.
Now Taking Offers As Want To Clear
Thank you for the offers so far- as I said I am looking to clear so anything fair will be considered.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We are going to develop a system where you will be charged $ for bumps
smile.gif
Seriously. The market will dictate the value of bumps under different situations. Hope you free marketeers are happy.

That sounds cool, good luck..

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Code:
User Name \tBanned By \tBanned On \tBan Period \tBan Will Be Lifted On \tBan Time Remaining \tLift Ban \tBan Reason
Neo_Version 7 \tj \tJune 8th, 2009 \t7 Days \tJune 15th, 2009, ~02:00 PM \t7 Days, 0 Hours \t[Lift Ban] \ttalking about girls​

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads