• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I really like this Delvaux Newspaper Bag:

delvaux-newspaper-briefcase.jpg

DLV03977-A1-M.jpg

DLV03977-A6-M.jpg

This is the sickest bag but like robin said the 1829 bothers me.

Would love a white classic valextra case forgot the name of it, looks like a briefcase of sorts.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Would love a white classic valextra case forgot the name of it, looks like a briefcase of sorts.

The Premier? I've always liked that one...

1_valextra_3_545x363_0.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's the one, damn.

Have you handled the delavux leathers? I'm curious how they feel, the one above is ridic.

Still need a nice weekender most are too duffle like.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That's the one, damn. Have you handled the delavux leathers? .
Just in passing... Anyway, I'm going to find that bag this summer in Tokyo and give it a thorough going over. I'm curious, too, how it looks and feels. But, for $2K+, I definitely want to see it in person. I'll update/give a better review after that.

chowchow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
okay, my sister took these pictures in her r room. I swear those aren't my twilgiht posters
biggrin.gif
Also there's nothing in either of them so it's kind of funny looking.
dsc02530.jpg
dsc02531tlq.jpg
My weekend bag. Last used: coachella!!
dsc02532y.jpg
This is for snowboarding, picnics, whatever. I've tried hard not to come into this thread because I have a weird affinity to weekend bags and don't really need anymore. Here's what I have for school but it's a pos and will be upgraded soon. I want either the filson 256 or somethign with ridiculously soft leather. Any suggestions?
dsc02533t.jpg

THEY ARE GORGEOUS. What are they?
smile.gif

delirium

Reaction score
the prada saffiano valextra premier are so sleek.
but 1.5-2k's pretty harsh.

there are just way too many great bags. i think my next purchase might be another bag haha.

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Still need a nice weekender most are too duffle like.

I think so, too. Wish I could design and make my own...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not a Cucinelli fan, myself, but if you are and you wanted a weekender, take a look at this one: I have no affiliation with this seller, though I have bought from him in the past and the transactions have always gone smoothly. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRUNELLO-CUCINEL...lenotsupported He's also got a few nice Lambertson Truex items now.
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Wow, that bag is almost $3,000. LOADS of options at that price point.
+1. This was my complaint with it from the start. There is so much good stuff out there in the $1800-2800 range.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still hating myself for not buying one of those Prada bags when bluefly had them for cheap.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
By the way, the bag I use every day is this one: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/BILL+A...T/sts/sr_men80 It has been great. For $150 you really can't go wrong. The pictures on Yoox are a pretty bad interpretation of what the bag really is and how the leather looks/feels in "real life". The handles can be extended for use as a shoulder bag, but I usually keep them at briefcase length. It has swallowed a ton of stuff (thatswhatshesaid) and keeps its shape nicely when not filled. If you need a briefcase for any business purpose, give it a shot.

montyharding

Reaction score
I'll play.

My daily carry: SAB Paternoster. I've come to terms with being a traditionalist, none of these borderline-handbags for me.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chowchow
THEY ARE GORGEOUS. What are they?
smile.gif

topman and zara. i'm pretty sure all of them cost me less than $100 edit: i wonder when I'll start spending $1k+ on a bag. fun times ahead

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics