• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That is the trick that is opening ceremony. I think the last time I was there was maybe 9 months ago.

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That is the trick that is opening ceremony. I think the last time I was there was maybe 9 months ago.

last time i went, i called before hand, and the sales lady told me everything was around 70 percent off.

i went, and nothing was even close to that, maybe 40 percent maximum...

i still ended buying a lot, so i guess her trick worked
confused.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Who has 30 off sales in this economic climate tell them to gtfo.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjl2g
steven alan sample sale in los feliz.. they had some shirts for around 60, blazers for 100. they also had generic man shoes for 100. and some bags by property of.
That store is a tragedy. Bluebee sales tend to be bi-annual but they've been trying to get rid of a lot of crap more on the reg. Expect something for sure in September. P.S. that's another store that has become a tragedy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Who has 30 off sales in this economic climate tell them to gtfo.

Some places do just fine. The places I know of who are riding the tide usually have very good calling list of loyal "one stop shop" customers, with a customer base in recession resistant sectors (like top flight private universities - if you are a tenured professor, you probably have some of the best job security around.)

okaysee

Reaction score
Stopped by Nom De Guerre today, they've got SS09 stuff on sale from 30-40% off. BoO, Patrick Ervell, Common Projects, and Red Wings also on sale downstairs.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Some places do just fine. The places I know of who are riding the tide usually have very good calling list of loyal "one stop shop" customers, with a customer base in recession resistant sectors (like top flight private universities - if you are a tenured professor, you probably have some of the best job security around.)
^ Kuhlman in Seattle is like that. One of the smallest stores in town, yet they probably have the most loyal customer base in the whole city.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's dumb, **** looks pretentious as **** when a store only does 30 when everyone else is 40 or more.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That's dumb, **** looks pretentious as **** when a store only does 30 when everyone else is 40 or more.

Why is it dumb? Why is it pretentious? A store that has that type of customer loyalty has often built it up through years of exemplary customer service. For example, I needed a pair of cufflinks for a wedding, I knew exactly what I needed, and I needed them before leaving for the end of the week. I *could* have gone with any number of retailers and gambled on getting them by Thursday, but I went with Gary Drinkwater, who I knew would come through in a pinch. He didn't have exactly what I wanted, but he phoned around immediately, found what I needed, and had them dropped shipped, express, from a supplier, the very same day. I was willing to pay 20% or so more than the closest competitor because I knew that with Gary, I was not going to have to worry, that he would follow up and make sure that things went smoothly.

At Kuhlmans, which I visit everytime I go to Seattle, I know that I can bring in my suit, which they tailored for me a good while back, but which still doesn't fit perfectly, and they will make adjustments to it free of further charge and willingly, until it does. I make a point of buying my Nice Collective there, if they have the piece I want, even if another place in the city carries it for less, not just because I want to ensure that I can get that type of service (which saves me a lot of headaches) for years to come, but because that type of service makes me like patronizing the store.

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That store is a tragedy.

Bluebee sales tend to be bi-annual but they've been trying to get rid of a lot of crap more on the reg. Expect something for sure in September. P.S. that's another store that has become a tragedy.

is it just me or does it seem like the stock of bluebee is the same as the leftovers from the last sale months and months ago, only the price went back up and they haven't added anything new??

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjl2g
is it just me or does it seem like the stock of bluebee is the same as the leftovers from the last sale months and months ago, only the price went back up and they haven't added anything new??
I don't just throw around the word "tragedy."

Crakaveli

Reaction score
i think bluebee still has rrl but you have to use google to find it

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crakaveli
i think bluebee still has rrl but you have to use google to find it
They have a lot more in store than I ever remember seeing online; that said, their buy isn't all that great. I was definitely more impressed with their collection last fall than what I saw last month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads