• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ranting: nice clothes and overweight people..

Composer_1777

Reaction score
I'm implying people who do cardio are in shape. Skinny people who do nothing are out of shape. you wouldn't know.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Basically you're just visually judging people because of your own body image issues. It's pretty obvious really.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Why are you so interested in other men's bodies?

I personally prefer the look of someone who has 20 extra pounds to the look of an average gym meathead. The pumped up dudes in suits are especially horrendous.

i don't necessarily disagree...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
Basically you're just visually judging people because of your own body image issues. It's pretty obvious really.

right, ok, if i notice someone fat and out of shape and looking bad, it's my own body issue.

OK, sure.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
right, ok, if i notice someone fat and out of shape and looking bad, it's my own body issue.

OK, sure.

It is if you go out your way to post a forum topic about it on SF. Just leave it alone, let them be fat and dying, ignore it. you'll feel a lot better.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is if you go out your way to post a forum topic about it on SF. Just leave it alone, let them be fat and dying, ignore it. you'll feel a lot better.

Yes you're right. From now on I will only post on SF topics of utmost importance, only life and death stuff, the big questions, such as "Roll 2 or 3b?"

Hopefully once I start ignoring my obvious obsession with fat people, it will all just go away and I will be able to sleep at night.

Thanks, I don't have to pay a therapist now!

Trungtastic

Reaction score

This whole forum is about visually judging people

bamaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trungtastic
This whole forum is about visually judging people

lol8[1].gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skinny people do look better.

Do you ever see any fatties parade down the runway?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Skinny people do look better.

Do you ever see any fatties parade down the runway?

But but but, that's discrimination. Anyone who prefers skinny people obviously has their own body issues they are projecting on those around them! How dare they! Won't somebody please think of the children? The fat children at least?

Ok but back to the topic. Yes.

bamaster

Reaction score
Personally, I have always found a bias in fashion towards larger people. I have a 32" waist and that's one of the first sizes to sell out. But there's a ton of 36" and up sizes. And what about the whole 10" spread from a suit jacket to the suit slacks? Ridiculous. But whatever. I don't care what other people look like... until I ride a plane. Then I get pretty critical.
smile.gif

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
So I know I might get flamed for this, but here it goes anyway. Every time I see a picture of an overweight guy wearing a really nice suit or whatever, I just can't help but think "that would look so much better if he weighed 20, 30, 50 pounds less". I think this becomes even more evident here on SF where clothes more often actually fit close to the body, so your shape is even more evident, and any presence of ***** tissue is easily detected as a result. I mean seriously, face it. No designer, tailor, or magician is EVER going to hide the fact that you are fat and out of shape. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Yes, some can look better with the right fit and type of clothing and so on. Yes, some choices matter. But at the end, its slightly like polishing a turd - at the end, well you know the rest. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not trying to be mean. I really am not. But next time, instead of ordering, wait, i mean commissioning a new blazer, maybe invest that grand in some personal training and yourself? Is that a wrong way to think?
So I shouldn't even try to dress nicely??!! *******. I'm donating my tailored clothes and adopting the douchbag look since I'm a fatass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads