• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Kooks

Oh yeah, and Dwight Yoakam, Greatest Hits..

LexSenthur

Reaction score
I'm relistening to all the Nine Inch Nails stuff from Year Zero onward. I always wondered why I didn't get into this stuff earlier, I could only imagine myself liking this MORE in highschool.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
twaitsraindogs.jpg

Nice J. You ever listen to any of his pre-Rain Dogs albums? Past few days:
317XcKvZaML._SS500_.jpg
You pretty much know what you're getting here. Only 3 really good songs on this one. B-
69595f8d57.
This blew. Basically covers of old soul and funk classics. C-

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shudder to think
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. skip to 3:12

thewallychamp

Reaction score
The new Grizzly Bear album (best of the year so far)
Heartless Bastards
JJ Cale (for the BBQs!)
Mastadon and Cage at the gym

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Nice J. You ever listen to any of his pre-Rain Dogs albums?

Yeah, I've heard a lot of his stuff (and just got all of it) but never really sat and listened on purpose. I started here for now.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah, I've heard a lot of his stuff (and just got all of it) but never really sat and listened on purpose. I started here for now.
The only things I've been able to find at the Library have been Swordfishtrombone, Orphans, and Nighthawks at the diner. Nighthawks was fantastic, and really funny in some parts where he just talks about crazy ****. Both Swordfish and Orphans came after RainDogs and it's been getting weirder and weirder with each album. I'm trying to find his 2 pre-Nighthawks albums but it's not easy. Just finished with these two today:
fleet_foxes.jpg
Jesus this was terrible. Imagine crossing chamber music with emo/alt-rock. I made it through 6 songs before giving up.
phoney.jpg
The more I listen to Radiohead the more I realize that I'm just not a fan of their music. I can hardly understand half the **** Tom Yorke is saying. Creep is a cool song but, like the rest of their albums, there is only ever one or two standouts. C-

yarnsforth

Reaction score
TV on the Radio, and will be standing in guaranteed rain tonight for their show at Central Park Summerstage.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
69595f8d57.
This blew. Basically covers of old soul and funk classics. C-

I thought I was going to like it for that very reason but yes, that album sucks.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
^ loving it?

I wasn't at first, because a lot of the songs didn't sound like what I usually expect from them. But, after many many spins, I'm really starting to like it (I'm actually listening to it now). She's toned down her singing on a lot of the songs (Hysteric, Skeletons, Little Shadow, Soft Shock) and it was at first, very strange to me.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thewallychamp
The new Grizzly Bear album (best of the year so far)
Heartless Bastards
JJ Cale (for the BBQs!)
Mastadon and Cage at the gym

We would probably get along in real life.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today, I'm listening to REO Speedwagon. I can't really say that I'm a fan but my nephew ( the one with the hip hop connections ), knows lots of people in the music business ( like Scott Storch, if you remember that thread ). He's gotten back stage passes for Sunday nights show at 7:00 PM.

Anyway, I just wiki'ed REO and it appears they started in 1967! So they are probably my age. The show will be at the Cynthia Woods pavillion in the Woodlands, Houston. I don't know if they'll allow pictures, but I'll try.

http://Something from their glory days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics