• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear - disappointing delays, twice

truevision

Reaction score
just received email confirmation from pediwear and it looks like they are awaiting the shoes from the manufacturer. It says expect delivery within 10 to 12 working days.
are they usually true to this?

Busa Dave

Reaction score
I just got one as well on my C&J:

Thank you for your order:

1) Crockett and Jones Onslow, Colour: Burgundy Cordovan, Size: 9.5, Fitting:E, GBP365.22

Shipping Cost: GBP0.00. Total Order Cost: GBP365.22

We are pleased to confirm availability of your order. Please expect delivery within 10 - 12 working days.

If we encounter a delay we will advise you accordingly.

Thank you once again for your business.

Regards
--
Carol Bentley
Pediwear Shoe Centre Online
[email protected]
www.pediwear.co.uk

Tel: +44(0)1422 367609
Fax: +44(0)1422 367609

24 Westgate, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1DJ, UK.

truevision

Reaction score
pediwear getting a little frustrating. email responses are quite slow and delayed

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BusaDave, You know Pediwear price matches and gives you an additional 5% off right? Plal.com sells these shoes for 1800 Malaysian ringgits which is approximately 322 GBP. If you mention this to pediwear, you can get your shoes for about 307 GBP.
Originally Posted by Busa Dave
I just got one as well on my C&J: Thank you for your order: 1) Crockett and Jones Onslow, Colour: Burgundy Cordovan, Size: 9.5, Fitting:E, GBP365.22 Shipping Cost: GBP0.00. Total Order Cost: GBP365.22 We are pleased to confirm availability of your order. Please expect delivery within 10 - 12 working days. If we encounter a delay we will advise you accordingly. Thank you once again for your business. Regards -- Carol Bentley Pediwear Shoe Centre Online [email protected] www.pediwear.co.uk Tel: +44(0)1422 367609 Fax: +44(0)1422 367609 24 Westgate, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1DJ, UK.

Lawman

Reaction score
My last two orders with Pediwear were complete disasters. Available, not available; shipped; oh sorry, not in stock; should post on Monday; still awaiting shipment from manufacturer. And I had to email for status, cancel once...it was not at all pleasant.

In the end I got what I ordered, but a real adventure. By contrast, when I order shoes on ebay.uk from the Trickers store, they are on my front porch in NC/USA within a couple days.

I like Pediwear, but will think twice next time.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
My last two orders with Pediwear were complete disasters. Available, not available; shipped; oh sorry, not in stock; should post on Monday; still awaiting shipment from manufacturer. And I had to email for status, cancel once...it was not at all pleasant.

In the end I got what I ordered, but a real adventure. By contrast, when I order shoes on ebay.uk from the Trickers store, they are on my front porch in NC/USA within a couple days.

I like Pediwear, but will think twice next time.

I have only bought from Plal and there service is phenomenal. Quick shipping and when Visa blocked the charge as suspicious, they went ahead and shipped my shoes even though they hadn't been paid, explaining they didn't want to delay my receipt of the shoes.

corskc

Reaction score
Placed my first order with Pediwear, and boy am I so disappointed. After 3 days, and I've not heard a single word from them, despite two emails to them.

I've decided to email one last time and should I not hear from them by the same day, I'm cancelling my order and taking my business elsewhere.

I had so much more pleasure dealing with Herring Shoes.

Marbles29

Reaction score
That's strange, because I have made three problem free transactions with Pediwear. They respond to my to e-mails within 2 days, usually 1. Price Match, provide complimentary shoe trees..I would highly recommend them.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Perhaps I don't know any better, but why don't people just buy their C&Js directly from one of the C&J stores? Sure, Plal can be cheaper because of the exchange rates/non-duty pricing as well as excellent customer service. However, if you're buying your C&Js from Pediwear, the price is the same from C&J.

For instance, I purchased a pair of Chilterns. Pediwear's price (non VAT) is 214.03 GBP. C&J's price is 245 GBP less the VAT of 13.04% = 213.052 GBP. At the time of my purchase--April of this year, neither Plal nor Pediwear had my size in stock. Plal needed 4 weeks to get my boots in and Pediwear quoted me the 10 -12 days. So, upon a whim, I called the C&J store on Royal Exchange. They had the boots in stock, so I purchased it from them. I purchased it on a Thursday and my boots arrived on Tuesday. Given that I live in California, I felt that was pretty quick turnaround time.

Granted, C&J charges 30 GBP for delivery to the US and (at the time) Pediwear was only charging 18 GBP for delivery. But, the net difference worked out to less than $18 USD, so I had no misgivings whatsoever with the difference in cost.

corskc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marbles29
That's strange, because I have made three problem free transactions with Pediwear. They respond to my to e-mails within 2 days, usually 1. Price Match, provide complimentary shoe trees..I would highly recommend them.

Good for you mate.
I finally got a replied today telling me they are willing to cancel my order and they could not find a source of my shoes.... after 4 days? They could at least keep me in the loop....

Well done.

Stanley the 2nd

Reaction score
I must say that I have always had pleasant dealings with Pediwear. My orders have always been delivered within a week and I have had no problems returning shoes on occasions. Like any company there will be the odd delay but I think on the whole they provide a good service. I brought a pair of Sanders a fortnight ago and have just ordered a pair of Barker oxfords.

What I would say to the people complaining is that Pediwear are generally the cheapest on the net so you can't always have your cake and eat it! A friend of mine had to wait a few weeks for a pair of Chelsea boots to come into stock and when they arrived they had a scuff mark on them. When he returned them Pediwear replaced them with a more expensive pair, so he did well out of the deal.

Marbles29

Reaction score
Yeah, this news is upsetting to hear, since I've had such a pleasant experience dealing with them.

jabial

Reaction score
Ordered from them once. It took nearly a month to arrive, but given the price difference, it is worth it if you're not in a hurry. I am in no hurry, so I'll buy there again. If I need shoes immediately, I grab a cab and go to a shoe store.

I do not know if they prioritize orders depending on their margin, but it wouldn't shock me. Pediwear is a business, not a charity. I just consider than a month is their normal delay, and don't expect my shoes any earlier.

mjc

Reaction score
I placed an order with them for a Tricker's Harrow, but they replied that it was now a special order item only available at a higher price. I wasn't impressed that they didn't honor the advertised price...

- Mike

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order from pediwear acknowledged 2/12
Order updated received with tracking 2/12, 10-12 business days to arrive
Email pediwear for status 2/20, receive response 2/21: "Shoes arrived in New York on Feb. 14th"

Shoes should have arrived to CA from NY in 1.5 weeks. Even parcel post would not take that long. That is the last i heard from pediwear.

Received Shoes TODAY!!!! 2/24, theyre too damned big, CRAP!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads