• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian members - Shoe tree's

63f100

Reaction score
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where to buy shoe tree's in Australia? I'm is Sydney.

Cheers
Bob

cgo

Reaction score
You can go to DJ. They have the Florsheim cedar (untreated) shoe trees that is good value for money....especially now during sale season

63f100

Reaction score
Thank's mate. Will go and grab some

Cheers
Bob

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The place to get shoes trees is either at Florsheims for the cedar jobs with spring system but the better ones are the German ones (Schuhspanner) available at Sullivans Shoe Repairs at back of Wynyard Ramp amd Coombes Shoe Repairs in the Strand. The latter are better at keep the shoe leather tight on the vamp IMHO.

yoshii

Reaction score
Anywhere in Melbourne to get some decent shoe trees?
Got the last pair of cedar Florsheims i could find at DJs, now all they (and Florsheim) stock are the ones that are half plastic (heel).

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
with the baltic sea index at an all tiem low, hiring a shipping containing only costs US100.

So lets find a ship to Austrlaia, fill a container with cedar shoe trees- a mixture of Costco, Woodlore epic, twin tubes, et al. . And it'll last us happily ever after.

aKula

Reaction score
McCloud shoes on Queen street sells cedar wood shoe trees for $40.

Star

Reaction score
There are two types you can buy in Syndey

Spring Loaded Sprind Type ( Cedar at DJs as already suggested. Nice smell and ok value for money)

and

a Screw Type ( See the shoemaker in the strand arcade).

The latter swore that he threw out his stock of Springloaded shoe trees as he believed they stretched the shoe too much if kept continually under a spring tension. Probably not an issue if your shoes are tight or snug fit however if your shoes are 1/2 a size too big you probably should go with screw type.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the improvement in the AU$-US$ exchange rate, you could try buying a couple of boxes from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...estyleforum-20 It sounds as though the available options are better in Sydney, but I can quite truthfully say that the shoe tree situation in Brisbane is quite dire. I, for one, don't like those "narrow-heeled" shoe trees such as are currently offered by Florsheim and RM Williams, particularly at the prices that RM Williams charges.

63f100

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, I will look into em.

Cheers
Bob

Aus_MD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
There are two types you can buy in Syndey

Spring Loaded Sprind Type ( Cedar at DJs as already suggested. Nice smell and ok value for money)

and

a Screw Type ( See the shoemaker in the strand arcade).

The latter swore that he threw out his stock of Springloaded shoe trees as he believed they stretched the shoe too much if kept continually under a spring tension. Probably not an issue if your shoes are tight or snug fit however if your shoes are 1/2 a size too big you probably should go with screw type.

Total nonsense about the stretching.

Originally Posted by Journeyman
Given the improvement in the AU$-US$ exchange rate, you could try buying a couple of boxes from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...estyleforum-20

They won't ship to Australia - try TM Lewin instead http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Product.aspx/!13626

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
There are two types you can buy in Syndey Spring Loaded Sprind Type ( Cedar at DJs as already suggested. Nice smell and ok value for money) and a Screw Type ( See the shoemaker in the strand arcade). The latter swore that he threw out his stock of Springloaded shoe trees as he believed they stretched the shoe too much if kept continually under a spring tension. Probably not an issue if your shoes are tight or snug fit however if your shoes are 1/2 a size too big you probably should go with screw type.
fact: my shoemaker (Zee's in HK- search tags) said his leather shoes won't stretch sideways, but because of the leather and construction, it definitely will stretch a bit lengthwise.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
stay the heck away from RMW trees, there way to thin and useless, unless you put 3 sole inserts in they dont even come in contact with the upper for the shoes they were supposabily designed for.

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aKula
McCloud shoes on Queen street sells cedar wood shoe trees for $40.

Yeah, they're the cedar Florsheim's as well (not the ones with plastic heel). There were probably about 5 left of these at DJs Melb conservative business dress @ ~$25 a week or so ago in Med-Lge (i got the last Sml pair)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads