• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
Well...excuse me, but this is what I have understood what is referred to as the "root beer" bezel. Or do you mean the all-brown with golden numerals?

Anyway, today's watch;

speedyo.jpg

/M

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool watch. I like the Speedmaster too.
From the pictures on my work and home monitors, the bezel appears to be dark maroon and silver with a black dial.
I was contrasting it with my GMT II.
The all brown bezel is what was on the all gold model with bronze dial.
I think both are commonly referred to as "root beer" versions.
rootbeer.jpg

Augustus Davies

Reaction score
Original owner purchased new in 1928 wore it for five years, replaced it with a Patek Philippe. Sat in his dressing room drawer until his passing in 1953 and then sat in another drawer until my purchase in 1996. All original including the push pins. Glass crystal. Solid 14K gold....I guess the depression didn't effect everyone.....

007.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posting my new SKX007. What a beast!

DSCF3003.jpg

And a few others:

DSCF2995.jpg

DSCF2999.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ that Seiko pilot watch on the right is sure nice.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted the Seiko Spirit, and my friend got me it for my late birthday gift. This watch should serve a 19 year old college student well
smile.gif
Picture019.jpg
Picture021-1.jpg
Picture022-1.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Switched it up a bit for my Spitfire.

rbcgt0.jpg

To:
kevlar16.jpg

kevlar17.jpg

wrist_10.jpg

wrist_12.jpg

wrist_11.jpg

klewless

Reaction score
After years of collecting, I think I am finally over this sickness.

I have long been a fan of the original 1016 dial explorer, but have come to realize that I can not be happy without a date on the dial. After procuring a number of donor watches to try and put together my dream combination, I have now been sporting this for the last few weeks, and it fits my pencil wrist perfectly:

head4-2.jpg

Rockytop719

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to the forum, but I just wanted to show a couple of my watches and see what you thought about them. Most of them are watches that I inherited from my grandfather. The watch that I wear most often is the Maurice Lacroix. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to afford some of the watches in this forum, unfortunately just graduating from college doesnt allow much for high end watches.

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by klewless
After years of collecting, I think I am finally over this sickness.

I have long been a fan of the original 1016 dial explorer, but have come to realize that I can not be happy without a date on the dial. After procuring a number of donor watches to try and put together my dream combination, I have now been sporting this for the last few weeks, and it fits my pencil wrist perfectly:

head4-2.jpg

Very nice. Details please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads