• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I didn't work a full day yesterday, and made a bad choice in the afternoon. I finished my errands, and came home to end up polishing off half a bottle of my current favorite tequila:

DSC01062.jpg

I've killed a couple of bottles of that in recent weeks. Made my posting in the medical thread a little emphatic yesterday too.
laugh.gif

I really tried to like the mexican worm, but it's never worked with me. I can go all night on other stuff and feel fine, but once a shot of tequila makes it in, I will be sure to visit the porcelain god by the end of the night.
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I really tried to like the mexican worm, but it's never worked with me. I can go all night on other stuff and feel fine, but once a shot of tequila makes it in, I will be sure to visit the porcelain god by the end of the night.
confused.gif

I had some horrific experiences as a youngster with tequila. It took years to realize it's just like whiksy. Good stuff and you're fine, rot gut and you'll rue the day you were born. The tequila that opened my eyes was El Jimador reposado. Pass on them now, due to trouble in their agave fields they are no longer 100% blue agave.

Re-introduce yourself with a nice bottle of :

DSC00663.jpg

Just have a few sips, like you would a fine Scotch.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Re-introduce yourself with a nice bottle of :
DSC00663.jpg

One of my local wholesale clubs stocks this for about $50. I might have to stop by and pick up a bottle. How would you rate it amongst all the others you've tried Pio?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
One of my local wholesale clubs stocks this for about $50. I might have to stop by and pick up a bottle. How would you rate it amongst all the others you've tried Pio?

Well worth $50. Very smooth, clean, light oak. It is distinctively tequila, but lacks that thing that makes you want to suck salt and lime.
laugh.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some horrific experiences as a youngster with tequila. It took years to realize it's just like whiksy. Good stuff and you're fine, rot gut and you'll rue the day you were born. The tequila that opened my eyes was El Jimador reposado. Pass on them now, due to trouble in their agave fields they are no longer 100% blue agave. Re-introduce yourself with a nice bottle of :
DSC00663.jpg
Just have a few sips, like you would a fine Scotch.

Duly noted. Thanks, enabler. (BTW, what's the name of that brand? I can't make out from the pic.)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Duly noted. Thanks, enabler. (BTW, what's the name of that brand? I can't make out from the pic.)
Milagro. I buy their normal "silver" for like $18 and it's a great tequila for mixing in margaritas. btw, that bottle is beautiful, and it comes in a nice, transparent plastic dome. Makes a great gift bottle.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well worth $50. Very smooth, clean, light oak. It is distinctively tequila, but lacks that thing that makes you want to suck salt and lime.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the review. I'll pick it up next time I'm there.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS! I just got an email saying I'm off the wait list, and onto the pre-release mailing list for DuMol! IMO, possibly the best current Syrah coming out of Cali. There's only two other mailing lists I want on more, and that's Sea Smoke and Kosta Browne. And given the change in head winemaker at Sea Smoke, I might not be so excited about that anymore.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS! I just got an email saying I'm off the wait list, and onto the pre-release mailing list for DuMol! IMO, possibly the best current Syrah coming out of Cali. There's only two other mailing lists I want on more, and that's Sea Smoke and Kosta Browne. And given the change in head winemaker at Sea Smoke, I might not be so excited about that anymore.

What a rough life you lead.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What a rough life you lead.

It has its moments.

3am emergency pages are not some of them.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I've been on an SB jag too (as you know). Great warm weather wine, no?

As have I. And definitely a great warm weather wine.
Today, to congratulate myself on getting 98% in both my Wine & Beverage class and my Menu Planning class, I got some more wine. A really good Marlborough SB and an 05 Saint-Esprit Cotes-Du-Rhone.

SANY0103.jpg

SANY0101.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Nice stuff K!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Nice stuff K!

If you ever venture out of RRV, do you enjoy anything coming out of Marlborough?

I think they're so simple, but good. It's a really easy wine for someone like me, who has a lot less experience with subtle wines than guys like you, to enjoy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
If you ever venture out of RRV, do you enjoy anything coming out of Marlborough?

I think they're so simple, but good. It's a really easy wine for someone like me, who has a lot less experience with subtle wines than guys like you, to enjoy.

I am just not heavy into whites in general, so when I venture into whites, I tend to go for tried and true. Someone gave me a bottle of Manifesto (as a joke, given my political views) and that was meh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads