• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

oneblood

Reaction score
The Frog King by Adam Davies for light reading as I plow my way through Proust.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Contains a bit of fair trade anti-globaloney, but fascinating nonetheless.
basta_cover.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm reading The Sound and the Fury and The Brothers Karamazov (Almost finished).

As far as The Sound and the Fury is concerned, I'm still trying to figure out why Caddy 'smells like trees.' I have an idea, but I'm not too sure.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
double.jpg

Continuing my Robert Heinlein kick. Very good read. I'd put it in his top 5 so far. Proves that a great story can be told in under 200 pages. Starting on Glory Road now.

Gotten to Farnham's Freehold yet? My personal fav aside from Stranger.

I am starting The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
As far as The Sound and the Fury is concerned, I'm still trying to figure out why Caddy 'smells like trees.' I have an idea, but I'm not too sure.
I always wondered about that too, and think about it every time I smell trees.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
Night Fall by Nelson DeMille. It's based around the fate of TWA flight 800 just off of Long Island, back in 1996. More than a little bit eerie since I started on it just a couple of days before the Air France disappearance.

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
With Marquez you might start out with something shorter like Strange Pilgrims or No One Writes to the Colonel. I can't say I appreciate either Pynchon or Wallace at all.

I'll give these a shot, thanks. I read <B>Chronicles of a Death Foretold</b> before reading <b>100 Years of Solitude</b>; I thought that was interesting.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I always wondered about that too, and think about it every time I smell trees.

Have you thought about what you might think it means? My fingers are itching to look up the significance of it, but my brain is telling me not to.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Have you thought about what you might think it means? My fingers are itching to look up the significance of it, but my brain is telling me not to.

I met a local rapper once who smelled like trees.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I met a local rapper once who smelled like trees.

I think you mistook trees for grass? Or maybe he just got back from one of those DEF Jam recording artists wilderness expeditions.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Gotten to Farnham's Freehold yet? My personal fav aside from Stranger.
Nope, not yet. I'm taking a bit of a break as I was getting burned out. I'll add it to my list though. Thanks for the recommendation. Just finished:
grlg.jpg
This was a snoozer. Had some elements of his finest writing but it never came together into an interesting story. C- Starting on I Love You Beth Cooper next.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads