• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleverley Summer Trunk Show in Boston

jon5986

Reaction score
Just saw that Cleverley have updated their Overseas travel section with Boston between June 13th-June 16th, 2009.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick! Sometime toss Vox a Scooby snack to calm him down!

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like someone just took $2.5K out of my pocket
frown.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Isn't Cleverley 1,700 GBP? The pound is $1.60 this morning, so more like $2,700.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the London bespoke shoe prices have gone up to £2150 or thereabouts inc VAT (normal leather) depending on whether you are a new client or not and I suspect they look at each others prices so $3,500 is closer to it I am afraid. Older clients with lasts already made would probably pay less. So you may both be right with and without VAT.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Cleverley never charged new customers more, and so far as I know, none of the London makers have. So if they are doing that now, it is a new practice.

I may well be out of date on pricing, however.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the prices I just paid and the rates minus VAT, Bespoke for new clients is around $3500... their MTO/semi line is about $750 (US)

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Cleverley never charged new customers more, and so far as I know, none of the London makers have. So if they are doing that now, it is a new practice.

I may well be out of date on pricing, however.

Correct- but they and G&G did lift prices a bit of late. And also, while it's slightly negotiable, there is no "discount" or break for future pairs. Meaning, you don't pay more for pair #1 to create the last then get future pairs cheaper.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
their MTO/semi line is about $750 (US)

Wow. I would not have guessed it was that reasonable. What's the quality like? C&J Handgrade/Grenson Masterpiece standards?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Wow. I would not have guessed it was that reasonable. What's the quality like? C&J Handgrade/Grenson Masterpiece standards?

I own neither of those but of the C&J Handgrades I examined while there, I felt the Cleverleys "seemed" a better shoe. Cleverly excels at making shoes sturdy yet very light, it seems. No wasted material. Come with lasted shoe trees.

They are breaking in well for my odd feet.

gj2.jpg

gj1.jpg

Nescio

Reaction score
Foster and Son is 1870 pound sterling without VAT and without shoe trees.
Which now is around $3000.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads