• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Treaty Oak Rum and Diet Coke.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This bottle is emptying fast.
balveniedoublewood.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Hehe, yeah, that's what happens to me with that. That and Cragganmore.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
^ Hehe, yeah, that's what happens to me with that. That and Cragganmore.
That shall be my next bottle. Any particular sweet spot in their lineup? And yeah, I'm growing fond of every Balvenie I've had. I now vastly prefer them to the Glenns.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
That shall be my next bottle. Any particular sweet spot in their lineup?

And yeah, I'm growing fond of every Balvenie I've had. I now vastly prefer them to the Glenns.

I'm still fond of the Distillery Edition. Great bang for the buck. Local price here is about $55.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had this last two nights:

Juan Gil 2006 Monastrell
juan-gil-2006.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Studying for my wine final with a nice 2007 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre.
Really good stuff. Nice and crisp. Some floral notes, and a good amount of minerality. Worth the ~$25.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4705_509975129623_103200073_30508129_5872427_n.jpg
Some Honest Tea (black lemon of course) in Greenacre Park on 51.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got in very late.

Glass of Riesling
-------------
Charcuterie: La Quericia Prosciutto, two salumi, three cheeses, roasted pepppers, yadda yadda yadda
-------------
Gnocchi with wild mushrooms and rabbit (just insane crazy off the wall I'm dying I'm being born good)
-------------
Stuffed, bacon wrapped dates
------------
Citrus/thyme panna cotta with honey roasted fresh figs and port reduction -- the best dessert of my life.
----
Intermezzo
-----
New Pal Cocktail
Lady in Red Cocktail
Lady in White Cocktail

Coffee

Oh yeah.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Studying for my wine final with a nice 2007 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre. Really good stuff. Nice and crisp. Some floral notes, and a good amount of minerality. Worth the ~$25.
'Studying?' 'Studying!?' 'STUDYING?!!?' I. Don't. Like. You.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
haha. I grew up in South Australia, in a city called Adelaide that has absolutely nothing going for it other than a decent beach and surrounding wineries.

My degree was in Marketing, and they put all of us through Wine Marketing, since it is basically the only industry in the whole city that is always hiring. That class included a weekly two-hour wine appreciation session....which me and my mates cleverly signed up for at 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

Those were the days.

The wineries used to sponsor the class, so we had really good stuff, all free, and by the time we reached the pub at 6, we were pre-trashed. God I loved uni.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
4705_509975129623_103200073_30508129_5872427_n.jpg

Some Honest Tea (black lemon of course) in Greenacre Park on 51.

That crap has no business here!

Originally Posted by Huntsman
Got in very late.

Glass of Riesling
-------------
Charcuterie: La Quericia Prosciutto, two salumi, three cheeses, roasted pepppers, yadda yadda yadda
-------------
Gnocchi with wild mushrooms and rabbit (just insane crazy off the wall I'm dying I'm being born good)
-------------
Stuffed, bacon wrapped dates
------------
Citrus/thyme panna cotta with honey roasted fresh figs and port reduction -- the best dessert of my life.
----
Intermezzo
-----
New Pal Cocktail
Lady in Red Cocktail
Lady in White Cocktail

Coffee

Oh yeah.

Excellent evening! Hope you were in good company.
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Studying for my wine final with a nice 2007 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre.
Really good stuff. Nice and crisp. Some floral notes, and a good amount of minerality. Worth the ~$25.

I've been on an SB jag too (as you know). Great warm weather wine, no?

Originally Posted by m@T
haha. I grew up in South Australia, in a city called Adelaide that has absolutely nothing going for it other than a decent beach and surrounding wineries.

My degree was in Marketing, and they put all of us through Wine Marketing, since it is basically the only industry in the whole city that is always hiring. That class included a weekly two-hour wine appreciation session....which me and my mates cleverly signed up for at 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

Those were the days.

The wineries used to sponsor the class, so we had really good stuff, all free, and by the time we reached the pub at 6, we were pre-trashed. God I loved uni.

Noice! I had a South Oz wine last night, from Clare Valley. Fireblock, old vine, shiraz. Vines dating back to 1928. It's still hard to beat Aussie Shiraz for value.

DSC01064.jpg

I didn't work a full day yesterday, and made a bad choice in the afternoon. I finished my errands, and came home to end up polishing off half a bottle of my current favorite tequila:

DSC01062.jpg

I've killed a couple of bottles of that in recent weeks. Made my posting in the medical thread a little emphatic yesterday too.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads