• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your diet

TowleY

Reaction score
As many of you saw, I posted a thread on giving me tips on how to get more fit, lose weight. Thought this thread might help me out as well as others on what pills to take, what you guys do daily.

Pretty much this thread is for saying what you would do in a normal week, working out, eating not eating, and pills.

Figured that this would help me, as well as current and future people on what they should try to change since its all the small things that can really add up, and people dont realize what they might be doing wrong/right

dimshum

Reaction score
Eat natural and whole foods, such as eggs, milk, raw butter, nuts, fruits and lots of veggies. No multivitamin, protein shake or any other supplement will replace the effectiveness or necessity of a good, wholesome diet. Quit processed/refined foods altogether, save special occasions. That said, if you do all of the above, a couple of decent supplements could definitely help. I personally stick just fish oil and a multivitamin. If you'd like to get more in depth with what foods to eat, here's a good general guideline: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/...cfoodchart.htm. Stick to foods that are low on the glycemic index. Foods that are high on the glycemic index spike your insulin levels, signaling your body to increase its cycle of fat storage. Follow these general guidelines and you will be well on your way to a healthier body and a smaller waistline.

emperor3d

Reaction score
My current diet or eating habits as follow.

-Bowl of All Bran cereal with 1 cup of Skim Milk
-1 cup of frozen peas & 1 cup of cottage cheese (non fat)
- chicken or turkey breast with 1/2 cup of frozen peas w/ glass of skim milk
- 1 cup of all bran cereal along with an apple
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (non fat)
- piece of cheese before bed
accompanied by 7-8 litres of water throughout the day.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ate some cornbread.

B1FF

Reaction score
Whenever I feel the urge to eat something, I cut myself.

Deluks917

Reaction score
As much food as i can possibly stuff down my face.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I've been using Fitday this week.

5'9" 153lb, mostly seated with some activity, and it claims my caloric need is 2658. That seems too high doesn't it?

This week I averaged 1300 calories/day (52% carb, 28% protein, 20% fat). Too low?

sounds too low...

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Fitday this week.

5'9" 153lb, mostly seated with some activity, and it claims my caloric need is 2658. That seems too high doesn't it?

I think fitday's caloric needs estimates are generally too high.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6' tall, 162 lbs, and according to fitday records I average about 2,750 calories a day while maintaining that weight. Fitday might be a little high, but 1300 is very low.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 2 egg whites, water, 4 fish oil pills Snack: Melba-toast (1 package), 30g Whey protein + water Lunch: Lean meat (chicken, beef, turkey) and a vegetable dish Snack: 30g Whey protein + water and 4 fish oil pills. Dinner: Steak/Fish + vegetable dish Snack: Cottage cheese+almonds, 4 fish oil pills. Doesn't change from this. 10-12 glasses water a day and a pot of coffee too. About 3000-3500 calories depending on the day and meats.
I've been using Fitday this week. 5'9" 153lb, mostly seated with some activity, and it claims my caloric need is 2658. That seems too high doesn't it? This week I averaged 1300 calories/day (52% carb, 28% protein, 20% fat). Too low?
ANY male (barring midgets) should be eating at least 2,000 calories a day. Your ratios are bad as well.

i killed judas.

Reaction score
My daily diet:

.25 cup oats
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
12 oz. OJ

6 oz. Dannon Light & Fit yogurt

2 slices whole grain bread
a generous helping of deli turkey
1 slice cheese
1 tsp mayo

1 apple/12 oz. watermelon

1 cup multi-grain cheerios

12 oz. tuna/salmon/ground top sirloin/beef tenderloin/chicken
1 head of broccoli

Finish the day out with enough whey to adjust my macros to 40/40/20. If its a lifting day, I have this meal right after my workout.

Thats all about 2200 calories. That gets me down about 1.5 lbs per week

For my "cheat" day/carb refeed that comes once per week, which is usually a Saturday, it looks like this:
Pancakes (A lot)
Syrup (A lot)
Yogurt (A lot)
Sandwich like a cheesesteak (but use lean meat and very little cheese)
Pasta with garlic bread (A lot)

Since I go to my now Alumni gym, they have reduced summer hours. I am down to 2 days per week.

Workout A:
Squat - 1 warmup set of 20 reps @ 135; 3 working sets of 20 reps @ 185. I have huge legs so I keep my volume high so I can still fit in my pants.
Deadlift - same numbers as squat
Bench - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Pullup - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Bicep curl - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Hammer Curl - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Tri Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
HIIT - 5 minute warmup, 10 minute HIIT, 5 minute cooldown

Workout B:
Front Squat - warmup set of 20 reps @ 135; 3 working sets of 20 reps @ 185. I have huge legs so I keep my volume high so I can still fit in my pants.
Mil Press (Standing) - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Bent over barbell row - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Dip - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Bicep curl - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Hammer Curl - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
Tri Pulldown - 5 sets of 5 reps each, increasing weight by 10% each set
HIIT - 5 minute warmup, 10 minute HIIT, 5 minute cooldown

Like I said, I have huge legs (I am 5'10" and have 27" legs with no fat on them; this is from 13 years of soccer and 6 years of road and track cycling), so I do high volume workouts for my lower body to keep it under control. All of the 5x5 workouts are for mass. I dedicate special focus to my arms because they're rather small for my size (15.5").

Right now, I am on a major cut hoping to be 170 by the end of August (Currently 188).

My current stats are:
Chest: 44"
Natural waist: 34"
Hips: 31"
Legs: 27"
Calfs: 17"
Bi's: 15.5"
Forearm: 14"
Neck: 16.5"

I'd like to take about 1" off of Chest, natural waist, and hips to hit my goal of 170.

Honestly, the proof is in the tape measure, don't pay attention to the weight.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
17 Zone blocks, 90% paleo. Only supplements are fish oil.

Every now and then I drink a lot of beer, and feel ****** and bloated... but other then that pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads