• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you want to be stylish LOSE WEIGHT

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Body impacts clothing? No wai!

Clothes improve your appearance

Being fit/toned/tall/etc. improves your appearance

So naturally, having both is twice as good as having one. But I'm certain that as someone has said, there are slight variations in weight and muscle that can work for or against someone's proportions/sillouette, though I don't think its absolute and I think like an actor can gain or lose weight for a role, so too can someone interested in fashion gain or lose weight for the outfits they wear (based on what style they're going for, e.g: workwear can look silly on a rail thin guy).

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I think that i'd be more stylish if I gained weight. If I was like 2-3XL I could find all the cool **** on deep discount at Ross etc

I think I am going to start consuming 9000 calories a day, and walking as little as humanly possible.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101

So naturally, having both is twice as good as having one. But I'm certain that as someone has said, there are slight variations in weight and muscle that can work for or against someone's proportions/sillouette, though I don't think its absolute and I think like an actor can gain or lose weight for a role, so too can someone interested in fashion gain or lose weight for the outfits they wear (based on what style they're going for, e.g: workwear can look silly on a rail thin guy).

That is quite a fucked up idea.

BOF

Reaction score
People who are fit tend to look better. If someone is unhealthily thin, it looks just as bad as someone who's overweight. However, there is something impressive about a heavier, older gentleman in a well tailored three-piece suit which is just classic.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tall and slender tends to be the "ideal." if you are between 5'11-6'3 clothes tend to hang better and clothes being too long is hardly an issue. i'm 5'8 and it sucks.

samurai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BOF
People who are fit tend to look better. If someone is unhealthily thin, it looks just as bad as someone who's overweight. However, there is something impressive about a heavier, older gentleman in a well tailored three-piece suit which is just classic.

Now we're talking Sidney Greenstreet and Orson Wells. But were they stylish or just well dressed overweight men???

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by siglo vi
also be asian or black

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
tall and slender tends to be the "ideal." if you are between 5'11-6'3 clothes tend to hang better and clothes being too long is hardly an issue. i'm 5'8 and it sucks.

welcome to the club, be glad you don't have a 33" waist at 5'8

funkygroove

Reaction score
Eh...there are downsides on the other end of the spectrum. I'm 6'4 and 160 so nothing really fits me either.

duchessofmalfi

Reaction score
indeed. sucks for you that you're stuck at 4 feet for the rest of your life, George
Originally Posted by XenoX101

cbw87

Reaction score
Got to call bullshit on all of this. I'm skinny, 6"6 and gay (but white). I've got 3 out of 4.

Plenty of things don't look good on me because nobody makes clothes for tall skinny people.

Too tall, I think.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im 6'2", 125 pounds and Asian. Am I automatically very stylish then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads