• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

truevision

Reaction score
g'day all
i am after a few pocket squares, what are some places to get some in melbourne?

aKula

Reaction score
Henry Bucks has a plain white linen handkerchief with hand rolled edges for $15.

yoshii

Reaction score
What? I must've missed it last time.
Although I saw some Etro ones for $135
tongue.gif

DJs has a few very unimpressive ones as well.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually picked up some plain cotton ones in Sky Blue, White and Pink, from Target for $6. Granted they aren't linen but they work pretty well in a tvfold.

ferguscan

Reaction score
This thread contains precious little discussion of RM Williams. They are simply the finest shoe (boot, whatever) that can be found in person, in most Australian cities. And they're the best VFM too. $300 for goodyear welted (by hand no less) whole-cut chelseas. They look awesome and are as comfortable as hell. And if you get the comfort version, you'll probably wear out before any part of the shoe does.

ferguscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aKula
Henry Bucks has a plain white linen handkerchief with hand rolled edges for $15.

Sweet. Anyone able to proxy me one of these? I live in Brisbane.

Thanks,

Stuart

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferguscan
This thread contains precious little discussion of RM Williams. They are simply the finest shoe (boot, whatever) that can be found in person, in most Australian cities. And they're the best VFM too. $300 for goodyear welted (by hand no less) whole-cut chelseas. They look awesome and are as comfortable as hell. And if you get the comfort version, you'll probably wear out before any part of the shoe does.

There is a massive thread encompassing all things RM Williams.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferguscan

Read up: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21179

truevision

Reaction score
besides djs and HB
any other places for pocket squares, particularly linen ones?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truevision
besides djs and HB

not many places in Melbourne I'm afraid, Harrolds may have some...best bets are ebay, SF and Mr Wang

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by truevision
besides djs and HB

Originally Posted by appolyon
not many places in Melbourne I'm afraid, Harrolds may have some...best bets are ebay, SF and Mr Wang

+1.

Howard Yount, run by SF member chorse123: http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pocket-squares

The inimitable Mr Wang's website (I have a few and they are excellent quality and great value for money):
http://www.kentwang.com/catalog.php

And you could also try Sierra Trading Post. Do a search for "pocket squares", stock varies depending on timing, but I've bought some nice, silk Altea pocket squares. Shipping can be expensive:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

Back in Australia, Herringbone often stock nice pocket squares in a variety of patterns in cotton, linen and silk. Availability varies depending on store and season, but I've picked up a few nice ones including a navy silk square with small, white dots.

yoshii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Back in Australia, Herringbone often stock nice pocket squares in a variety of patterns in cotton, linen and silk. Availability varies depending on store and season, but I've picked up a few nice ones including a navy silk square with small, white dots.

What's the price range of the Herringbone ones?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoshii
What's the price range of the Herringbone ones?

I can't remember precisely, but off the top of my head, they cost from $50 to $60 or more.

Not cheap, but they are very nice quality and they have some classic designs (well, they did, I don't know what might still be in stock).

Also, the price isn't too bad when you compare the AU/US$ exchange rate and the cost of shipping from overseas in some cases (with the notable exception of Kent Wang, who only charges US$1 for overseas shipping).

ned kelly

Reaction score
This week i went to Henry Buck in Melbourne to see their range of Edward Green shoes . There were about five different styles on show.The only model i could recognise was the Beaulieu . On inquiry, i was informed that the price was $1995AUS. DOLLARS. That equals $1620 USD,1154 EURO and 984 BRITISH POUND. Any idea of prices of these shoes in other countries?

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ned kelly
This week i went to Henry Buck in Melbourne to see their range of Edward Green shoes . There were about five different styles on show.The only model i could recognise was the Beaulieu . On inquiry, i was informed that the price was $1995AUS. DOLLARS. That equals $1620 USD,1154 EURO and 984 BRITISH POUND. Any idea of prices of these shoes in other countries?

Your one stop shop

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/ Tom is a great bloke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads