• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
DSC03417.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

I think it's the shoulder width of the medium that's making it look weird on you. It's a little too small, making your shoulders look small and the rest of your body look large. Too bad though because the length of the body and the sleeves seems to be pretty good.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few new shirts were added at context (blue pinpoint and white oxford).

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Obviously it is different for everyone, but I just purchased the blue oxford in M. The fit could not have been any better for me. No tailoring necessary. The construction is pretty nice too -- better than any BoO shirt I have purchased (although I guess that is not saying much).

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Obviously it is different for everyone, but I just purchased the blue oxford in M. The fit could not have been any better for me. No tailoring necessary. The construction is pretty nice too -- better than any BoO shirt I have purchased (although I guess that is not saying much).

Pretty sure they make or made BoO as well.

kubrick555

Reaction score
Anybody buy the h(y)r collective version yet? Wondering if the cut is any different.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't but the soft red does look good.

poodlerock

Reaction score
I have the red and gray coming in the mail. I understand the cuts on the h(y)r collective to be identical to the vintage, save for the height of the side gussets on the h(y)r.

On that note, where's the Gitman x SF collab?

efujobu

Reaction score
the shirts look great! I haven't had a chance to check this entire thread or look online for measurements but can anyone quickly tell me if these compare to mediums in JCrew shirts? I'd love to buy one for myself.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been eyeing the blue oxford on Context, though I'm wondering if a small would fit me, I'm XS in Uniqlo and APC

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
fit on these is kind of whack IMO. way too much of a flare at the bottom

flipsilk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
fit on these is kind of whack IMO. way too much of a flare at the bottom

I agree with you. It sucks it seems as though im between sizes S-M for Gitman and L-XL for BoO.

Anyone have other suggestions in the 100-200 dollar range. Its frustrating bc im 6 feet tall average athletic build... shouldnt be this hard to find a nice quality, fitted oxford shirt.

Help!

intrinsik76

Reaction score
UPDATE: SOLD I have a white and red h(y)r x gitman oxford, both in size medium I need to sell, unfortunately not my size. Please email me: [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads