• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Phat Guido;2127961 said:
Temp
L1010556.jpg

is this some HKG version of a Chipotle burrito, looks delicious.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pg's odd coat + trousers look and tieless = definitely how my work clothing is headed towards

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Really liking that guy's grey suit. All those brown shoes look pretty drool worthy but alllllll are eclipsed by the girl in the incredible looking shoes and the loose pant/shirt look. I definitely have a softspot for looks such as those on girls. See a fair amount on streetstyle sartorialist type blogs and it slays me every time.

+1 on the diet a&w rootbeer. Have some of that in my peasant fridge at the moment

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, more girls should wear pleated pants, cuffed/rolled up. my gf actually looks awesome in my patrik ervell pants! hah.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Post in both threads, NOoB.

While I really like your pants vert, I find it incredibly dorky that you wear your camera around your neck like that. Curse of the Asian.

Wait, really? I'm meant to post in discussion AND in pictures? Why are things so confusing in SW&D
frown.gif
I'm the nerdiest little style lad around and I do my part to preserve the image. On the other hand, the strap is green!!!!

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Thank god for the HK krew. I'd love to ask yfyf about brands he wears but i assume a lot of it is mtm. Always looking fly. I hope on sw&d more so i don't have to wade through MC threads to find his fits.

Originally Posted by Teger
I know he's said in the past that he wears a lot of lad musician

Damn, really? He must be tinier than i thought. Lad still only goes up to 44-46 (euro), right? I've loved most of the Lad tailored wear i've seen but i'm afraid i'd never fit into it

Originally Posted by constant struggle
yfyf's suits are mostly all bespoke chan

Thanks Chronoaug, very kind of you. Actually the stuff the past two days were from all over the place:

6/2
Blazer- Boglioli
Shirt - WW Chan
Trousers - MacGregor
Shoes - G&G

6/3
Shirt - APC
Belt - Muji
Pants - Jil Sander
Shoes - G&G

I don't wear that much Lad stuff for now, except for a trench and peacoat. I put on too much weight from overconsumption of bacon. I'm surprised it doesn't fit you though? I assumed you were a 36. The chest is usually true to size, sometimes even slightly larger but the shoulders are always narrow and a touch too narrow for me. Lad outside of Asia is supposed to go up to larger sizes if you're not 36. I'm a dinky 36-37, 5'10". Also, S/S 09 Lad reminds me too much of cutoffs.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Temp - 25c - 30c, & the rain is coming hence teh indoor low light pics..
frown.gif

Days Agenda - Wednesday, all day company off-site planning session.. No tie required (in fact I should as it has been a while for me..)
L1010568.jpg

Liking this jacket a lot.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
when in Rome...
6209pic.jpg
Paul Smith "runway" sunglasses Paul Smith "mainline" gingham shirt LVC 1967 505Zxx Doc Marten shoes w/PS laces random off Saks 5th belt Paul Smith mechanical watch, the green face complimented the lone lime green button on the other arm

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Get Smart - sweet. --------------------------------------------
2nvcldi.jpg
mli8ew.jpg
ae5dar.jpg
Borrelli jacket Ben Sherman shirt Isaia tie hickey pants John Lobb derbies Globe-Trotter / Bill Amberg brief

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
6209pic.jpg

Paul Smith "runway" sunglasses
Paul Smith "mainline" gingham shirt
LVC 1967 505Zxx
Doc Marten shoes w/PS laces
random off Saks 5th belt
Paul Smith mechanical watch, the green face complimented the lone lime green button on the other arm

Badass.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^GS always looks sharp, although I couldn't wear really any of that.

Moo, I like the Borrelli jacket. I opted for the windbreaker instead of the safari during the Gilt sale, and I'm still not sure I made the right choice.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking that guy's grey suit. All those brown shoes look pretty drool worthy but alllllll are eclipsed by the girl in the incredible looking shoes and the loose pant/shirt look. I definitely have a softspot for looks such as those on girls. See a fair amount on streetstyle sartorialist type blogs and it slays me every time.

Much agreed on the girl. I'm fairly certain Grey Suit Man is actually yfyf, and I'm saying that due to the suit cut, not the (lack of) face. yf already knows that he's one of my favourite posters, so I'm not at all opposed to his future appearances here

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Get Smart - sweet.

--------------------------------------------

2nvcldi.jpg

mli8ew.jpg

ae5dar.jpg

Borrelli jacket
Ben Sherman shirt
Isaia tie
hickey pants
John Lobb derbies
Globe-Trotter / Bill Amberg brief

That is a heck of a lot better. I like that jacket.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
when in Rome...

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1506/6209pic.jpg
Paul Smith "runway" sunglasses
Paul Smith "mainline" gingham shirt
LVC 1967 505Zxx
Doc Marten shoes w/PS laces
random off Saks 5th belt
Paul Smith mechanical watch, the green face complimented the lone lime green button on the other arm

I love your style usually, but I feel like a thinner belt would go better with this.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Moo, top half looks better now. But the pant cuffs still look odd for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads