• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visvim Shoes

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with Visvim shoes? I noticed these ones on Hypebeast that I really like but I could not find them for sale anywhere. From what I was able to find doing some searching they seem fairly hard to come by. Does anyone know if there is a place they can be ordered online? Or, are they only available in certain stores? Any rough estimates on a price point?

Thanks in advance.

visvim-folk-fil-kyoto-virgil-closer-look-1.jpg

visvim-folk-fil-kyoto-virgil-closer-look-2.jpg

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
Hard to find, expensive. Lurk sufu, and expect to pay about 300 used.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proxy from japan is your best bet
don't get the usa line - gline or whatever - it is weak

union nyc and la carry some visvim

buttery soft elk leather

botfc

Reaction score
I think those will be an FIL (Visvim flagship stores - only in Asia) exclusive...not 100% sure though. Expect 60 000yens + 10-13% proxy fees to get your hands on them.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All of Visvim's shoes are between $325 to $500 in Japan.
If you're buying from a website located in Asia or Europe plan to pay about $450 to $600..
If you buy them from Union (LA or NY), plan to pay about $400 to $500, but Union only gets one of each size, and not even all sizes or models.
Don't buy the G-Line, that's made for the US market, it's not the same materials or construction.

I own 6 pairs of Visvim shoes and live by them. The comfort is on some New Balance walking shoe type level. I normally buy them when i go to Japan from the FIL store but have also bought from Cliff Edge, even though their prices are high it's free shipping and they get even the rarest of models that the stores in Japan don't get.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Visvim produce anything in the US 13-14 range?

botfc

Reaction score
milosz;2122951 said:
Does Visvim produce anything in the US 13-14 range?[/QUOTE

12 is the biggest and even that is hard to come by. Some models do fit bigger though but nowhere close to a 14.

tetsuo

Reaction score
i could be wrong but i know some of the new Virgil boots are only released in certain FIL locations, or maybe it was just certain colors. anyway, i usually get my visvims via proxy service - they buy it at the FILstore for me and ship it to me for a service fee

Becks23

Reaction score
I think those particular Virgil FOLKS are exclusive to the new FIL Kyoto.

efujobu

Reaction score
a proxy is your best bet. The model boot is called "Virgil" Its exclusive to FIL and its expensive. about 56k yen.

wttm

Reaction score
Speaking of Vis, I have some Keifers Lo vintage and Judd Stingray if anyone is interested.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear the quality is great, and the comfort is even better.

I would love to have a pair of Visvims, but the price is ehhh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads