• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
090602.jpg

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Is this a backhanded attempt at getting a better shot of my junk? I don't do super-tight pants, bud. These are quite tight and any "extra" fabric is an illusion.
Taking into account the brands involved here I would expect everything to fit better than it does. There are some crotch issues, but minor. The jacket length compared to the sleeve appears disproportionate, I'm nowhere near an expert on tailoring but I feel like the jacket needs to lose an inch in length. Finally a taller shirt collar would balance again the length of the jacket.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess I gotta put this here
3587796663_ce6f3a01d2_b.jpg
All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise. Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture. Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.
Originally Posted by lechon&rice
http://i42.tinypic.com/2yvutjb.jpg Comme des Garcons jacket Polo RL polo shirt J Crew chinos Dsquared leather sneakers
Yeesh, go back to square one on this one. Size down or have everything properly tailored. Or just say ******* all and actually get something that fits.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Taking into account the brands involved here I would expect everything to fit better than it does. There are some crotch issues, but minor. The jacket length compared to the sleeve appears disproportionate, I'm nowhere near an expert on tailoring but I feel like the jacket needs to lose an inch in length. Finally a taller shirt collar would balance again the length of the jacket.
This is likely a matter of more classic styling vs. the new moderm "cut" you are thinking of. If the jacket were shorter by an inch, it would be praised here (maybe) and disliked in MC. As it is, MC likes the jacket but you find it too short.

mc25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom

All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise.
Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture.
Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.

Yeesh, go back to square one on this one. Size down or have everything properly tailored. Or just say ******* all and actually get something that fits.

Those socks rock lol. Get a pocket square to match
lol8[1].gif

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
All the praise is much appreciated you guys. Oxnard, I'm wearing the 19th BD shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
Ah, I had wondered that at one point due to the high split side seams that comes standard on those, either way though I am still very jealous,as that was hands down my favorite pattern from s/s 09.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
my girlfriend has these exact socks

Originally Posted by ratboycom

All random Boutique brands from around Tokyo. Note on colors: Jacket is navy with a very faint pin stripe, glasses are dark Tortoise.
Jacket is also a cropped fit, hence the kinda long arms and short body. I really like the material of the jacket as its really thin and light, cotton/linen blend. The shirt is also a cotton linen blend and thin with a herring bone ish texture.
Also I would like to mention I need a new pocket square, anyone wanna suggest a color.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
This is likely a matter of more classic styling vs. the new moderm "cut" you are thinking of. If the jacket were shorter by an inch, it would be praised here (maybe) and disliked in MC. As it is, MC likes the jacket but you find it too short.

I'm not really sure why you post a fit, receive a suggestion and then proceed to argue with said suggestion. Why not just post in MC if you are seeking only positive feedback?

As for the fit itself, I don't have a problem with length of jacket, but I do think the shirt collar should be taller. Also, the pants fit very average imo. Not great, but not awful. I'm not sure if you are planning on hemming them and just cuffing in the mean time or if that is your intended look.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I'm not really sure why you post a fit, receive a suggestion and then proceed to argue with said suggestion. Why not just post in MC if you are seeking only positive feedback? As for the fit itself, I don't have a problem with length of jacket, but I do think the shirt collar should be taller. Also, the pants fit very average imo. Not great, but not awful. I'm not sure if you are planning on hemming them and just cuffing in the mean time or if that is your intended look.
I am not arguing (I knew someone would accuse me of that). I am simply explaining the aesthetic differences in cut (the person who replied to me said, himself, that he is "nowhere near an expert on tailoring"). I am no expert, either, so I just simply explained why the jacket was the length that it was. Where am I arguing, again? Am I not supposed to say anything at all? I should just agree and do as I am told? The pants will be hemmed - I am unsure of whether I should add a cuff or not.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
090602.jpg

I like this quite a bit, it's a change of pace but still very PP. You look really comfortable and natural, I'd like to see you experiment with a few more designers that I think you'd probably look good in (Junya & MMM in particular) but that's just my opinion.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Moo those lobbs are awesome how much if you don't mind? I need something like that you can pm me the price if you like.

No cuff after hemming on pants.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo- again, wool(?) jacket with summery cotton pants and shirt just seems out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads