• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I miss the ones with the openable trouser bar (rather than the fixed felted one). Are those orderable?

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ment to post about these hangers but due to events forgot.

I was the big winner of a collection of hangers last christmas for the charity donation thread. Long story short the guys at the Hanger Project are a great group. They were more the happy to send these out which I felt was very nice.

I was concerned with how the hangers would look compared to the ones I currently use as mine all match my closet in terms of color(light vs the dark wood from HP) but after recieving these I am now concerned with how lacking my other hangers are. The felt is perfect for keeping trousers held in place and the shoulders are much wider and have a greater level of "heft".

Pant hangers make my others look flimsy though the HP ones are ment to fold and my closet is set up for hanging from the cuff for pants. Shirt hangers are rich in color and a little wider then what I currently have for the majority of my shirts.

Long story short since receiving my small collection I have plans to convert all of my suit hangers to use the HP ones and would highly recommend picking up a set of three to compare to yours.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
By very popular and persistent demand, we have finally added a new JACKET HANGER to our lineup of luxury men's hangers (aka. no felted trouser bar). Our new Premium Jacket Hangers are built to the same specifications of our suit hangers, but without the trouser bar (same sizes, finishes, etc.).

Also, please use this as an opportunity to TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WEBSITE!! Very exciting development for us. We're still trying to figure out the formula, but we think that this new website is a large step forward for us. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or thoughts, please email me directly at [email protected].

Other updates:
GARMENT BAGS - we are very close to completing our garment bags. We are just waiting on the zippers... go figure. Anyway, these are going to be exceptional. We are going to construct from organic cottons (a khaki and navy) and offer in both regular (corresponds with 17.0" and 18.5" hangers) and a large (20.0"+ sizes).

Clamping Trouser Hanger - We have begun production on our NEXT GENERATION of our Clamping Trouser Hanger. Many of you have probably noticed that we haven't been offering our previous clamping hanger for the past few months. This is because we have been working on what is going to be very exceptional. We completely re-engineered the clamping mechanism to be much more robust. We also increased the center seam allowance.

As always, please share your feedback!

Cheers,

Kirby Allison
Kirby Allison's Hanger Project
(800) 495-3201
[email protected]

http://www.HangerProject.com

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deleted

ChiliPalmer...do me the courtesy and delete yours too before others realize I'm a bafoon

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Your X-mas gift packages were a hit with those I gave it to...thanks

I can see how your jacket hanger can be handy for overcoats and topcoats...but its more than double the price of your suit hanger....so I'm asking this in a polite and respectful way, what justifies a price of $75 for those of us who desire the 20 inch version?

Why not price it similarly as in the suit hanger?

It's a set of 3.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
It's a set of 3.

The Jacket hangers are $2 cheaper than the suit hangers at any given size (per hanger). The new website only allows us to accommodate set quantities, so we're stuck to 3x and 10x.

We charge slightly extra for the 20.0" Jacket Hanger because it requires a substantial amount of extra wood.

ChiliPalmer

Reaction score
What's the status of the suit bags? Still waiting on zippers?

StrataMan

Reaction score
I'd just like to add that Kirby's customer service is excellent. A couple of months ago I ordered the wrong size suit hangers from him (based on the guide, my size was right on the fence between the 17" and the 18.5", so I went for the 18.5" which was too big). Anyway, I called the customer service number to ask about the exchange process. Kirby himself answered the phone, and sent out the replacement hangers before I had even sent back the first ones. He also included a free sample of the felted trouser hanger. I definitely love the new suit hangers. As others have stated, they have a great form for supporting the shoulder area of the suits. All of this reminds me that I really should order some of the trouser hangers, and I'm looking forward to the introduction of the garment bags. Definitely a needed item. The plastic ones just suck.

Chuha

Reaction score
I was planning to order luxury set for myself until I noticed that shipping costs doubled the total price for me. Usually I´ve paid 10-40$ for shipping from US to Finland (North Europe) and I think that weight in this package ain´t significantly more than in my previous US orders. Is there anyway Hanger project could check better shipping price for me? I don´t care much about how fast it is or how easy it is to track, I just want my order under two weeks and without damage, that´s enough.

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
why is there tax when shipped to NYC? if the company is located in NYC, can we do local pick up?

Are there any SF promotions running still - as an affiliate?

also - can we buy the suit hangers in sets of 10 (at a lower price)?

Thank you!

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chuha
I was planning to order luxury set for myself until I noticed that shipping costs doubled the total price for me. Usually I´ve paid 10-40$ for shipping from US to Finland (North Europe) and I think that weight in this package ain´t significantly more than in my previous US orders. Is there anyway Hanger project could check better shipping price for me? I don´t care much about how fast it is or how easy it is to track, I just want my order under two weeks and without damage, that´s enough.

It's the same story for me in Hawaii. Shipping is unbelievably high...I would buy some suit hangars but not at that [shipping] price.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Grabbed some hangers and garment bags, all great stuff. Well worth the price and good service too.

The only thing I can fault THP with is the inefficient international shipping. With a bigger order it's fine, but the shipping was unneccesarily expensive when I ordered just one garment bag to test the quality. When the enormous box arrived I understood why. The box I got one garment bag in was more than twice as big as the box with two garment bags and three suit hangers. Very strange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads