• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO black suede. Not only are they extra soft on the toe area of the sole for extreme silence whist creeping but they also match my black cargo pants with big side pockets that hold my rope, cholorform and mayonnaise.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
Does Clarks make a color similar to these McAllister boots from J.Crew?

Cola (which is a bit lighter but a great color nonetheless)
Brown (which is a bit darker, that's the color I chose)

As you wear the brown suede Clarks more, the color begins to lighten up significantly, so it would become closer to the McAllister pictured above. I would say the color of the McAllister boots are somewhere in between those options.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
IMO black suede. Not only are they extra soft on the toe area of the sole for extreme silence whist creeping but they also match my black cargo pants with big side pockets that hold my rope, cholorform and mayonase.

Sir, the mayonnaise sold it for me.

JKISSI

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKISSI
Think this is appropriate for this thread. My friend Trav did a post on his vintage clark desert boots in red pics below and article.
trav66.png
http://streetetiquette.com/2009/05/2...-desert-boots/ yeah I'm jealous

Just found out how to enable pics on forum didnt know what I was thinking before think a lot of people missed my previous post on them because I didnt include the

JKISSI

Reaction score
Pahreen I'm about 95% sure those are the dark brown db's I have the same pair

yup sole is brown also yup thats them

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
That looks like the Taupe suede - they are very nice.

Also, someone asked about these, they are Ebony Vintage color in leather - only available in UK I beleive.

20318797_A_p.jpg

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
No, they're definitely brown suede. I own the exact model, and they have the brown soles too.

Looking again at it, the boots in the link below don't look like Taupe or brown suede.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1243488421

Here's the Taupe suede, the sole isn't dark enough as compared to the photo in the link above.

51su6vZwq1L._AA280_.jpg

Here is the brown suede. The suede looks darker and the sole is also darker (almost black?) If it's brown suede then what gives? Do they look lighter in person or did the camera lighting wash out the color?
00103772_A_p.jpg

manofstyle

Reaction score
IMHO all the leather Clarks boots are not as good as the suede.

I so wish I had got brown suede instead of brown leather. The leather is not as nice as the suede, judged on quality. The best of the boots is definitely the cola suede.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Here is the brown suede. The suede looks darker and the sole is also darker (almost black?) If it's brown suede then what gives? Do they look lighter in person or did the camera lighting wash out the color?

They look like the brown suede to me. I had a pair of the brown suedes that i sold on ebay a while back and the color is really hard (or it was for me) to capture. I can't tell you how many "what gives?" ebay messages i recieved but the buyer was happy in the end.

He did finally get mo better shoes to sneak up on the unsuspecting/unwilling with.

Eason: How did the whole ****** boot thing get started anyway?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Eason: How did the whole ****** boot thing get started anyway?

Back when desert boots were starting to be popular I didn't see the attraction of them, so I put in my signature in big bold letters "desert boots are for rapists". It was in my signature so long that it just kind of became a fact.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads