• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
This was CLEARLY taken before the game. Hey! I found some AFTER pictures...wanna see??

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

aficionman2.jpg

Your bitchiness is not very becoming of you.
smack.gif

The difference is I took my photo,I didn't sit in my underpants googling imagining what it would be like to see a game.
The funny thing is the guys I met outside the stadium,although obviously ecstactic,were very respectful and consciliatory which contributed to the great atmosphere.Maybe going to a game might address your smug,self-satisfied attitude because you wouldnt last 5 minutes.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
@ MU fan claiming superiority because they were at the game. Who gives a ****, since most people posting in this thread are an ocean away and actually have jobs?

Originally Posted by benecios
I would rather go to 10 finals and lose them all than be a plastic wannabee.

Well, your very team might disagree.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
lol8[1].gif
@ MU fan claiming superiority because they were at the game. Who gives a ****, since most people posting in this thread are an ocean away and actually have jobs?

Well, your very team might disagree.

I have never travelled to the USA in my life so I don't know how it goes over there but here if you are considered a supporter you actually go and support the team.
I took THREE flights to get there so don't give me the oceans away crap.
Furthermore at a cost of £1100 I need a job to pay for it but in the UK we get holidays.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never travelled to the USA in my life so I don't know how it goes over there but here if you are considered a supporter you actually go and support the team. I took THREE flights to get there so don't give me the oceans away crap. Furthermore at a cost of £1100 I need a job to pay for it but in the UK we get holidays.
Alright, say no more. I can take a hint.... Here you are, buddy.
cookie.gif
BTW, the irony of Man U fan ******** on supposed bandwagon fans is certainly not lost on me.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never travelled to the USA in my life so I don't know how it goes over there but here if you are considered a supporter you actually go and support the team.

Benecios, at some time you have to stop with how you're the true fan because you go to the games. It's great that you get to go; many are jealous.

What I really find interesting about this though, is there's a real social statement here. For most teams, then, you have to have a certain income level to be considered a supporter, according to your logic. What if you just can't afford the tickets for even a home match? How much are tickets to ManU games?

In the US there are plenty of professional sports teams that cost a lot of money to attend home games. Heck, even a $30 ticket could be a serious luxury to some people.

b

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Benecios, at some time you have to stop with how you're the true fan because you go to the games. It's great that you get to go; many are jealous.

What I really find interesting about this though, is there's a real social statement here. For most teams, then, you have to have a certain income level to be considered a supporter, according to your logic. What if you just can't afford the tickets for even a home match? How much are tickets to ManU games?

In the US there are plenty of professional sports teams that cost a lot of money to attend home games. Heck, even a $30 ticket could be a serious luxury to some people.

b

My season ticket is £684 which gives me entry to home games. I can't afford to go to many away games.I earn around £26k which is very modest and probably 10 times lower than a lot of guys on here.You find the money if you want to go to the games,I know people who spend every single penny of their disposable income on getting to the games.
I don't have a problem per se with people who don't go to games.
What has got to me is,as I have mentioned more than once,the fans outside the stadium were fantastic.I came on here without any excuses to congratulate Barca and have to read the rantings of a plastic fan.
As I said not going to the game is no crime but watching a repeat of a live semi-final is a piss take.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Everyone get in real close....no, Puyol you stay on the left....ok, that looks good....everyone smile and say 'Benecios is a crybaby!"
fotos_triplet_www.fcbarcelona.cat_x1x.jpg
Hey, Einstein...I don't know if you've heard of this little concept called TIME ZONES. You see when it's all ***** dark where you are, it's still brighty bright where I am. And when they play the Champions League games when it's dark, well, plastic dudes (whatever the **** that means) like myself, are still at work earning MUCH more than you do. In cases like, this I'd rather not follow games on the internet and wait to watch them at home. I'm still not sure why I feel the need to make a case to you. I realllllly don't give a **** what you think. Besides, you're probably #1,000 on the list of things that can come close to wiping the smile that's been stuck on my face since Wednesday.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My season ticket is £684 which gives me entry to home games. I can't afford to go to many away games.I earn around £26k which is very modest and probably 10 times lower than a lot of guys on here.You find the money if you want to go to the games,I know people who spend every single penny of their disposable income on getting to the games.
I don't have a problem per se with people who don't go to games.
What has got to me is,as I have mentioned more than once,the fans outside the stadium were fantastic.I came on here without any excuses to congratulate Barca and have to read the rantings of a plastic fan.
As I said not going to the game is no crime but watching a repeat of a live semi-final is a piss take.

It's not a "piss take." On the East Coast of the US, we're 6 hours behind Rome. Embowafa is in LA--even further behind. That means most of us are at work or in class during weekday CL matches. Did you skip work to watch England play in the 2002 World Cup? I woke up at 3 or 4 in the morning to watch the early games (not the England ones), but then I had to go to school. Don't tell me I'm a plastic fan because I didn't go to Korea or Rome or London or Barcelona. You can be a true fan without it consuming your life or spending a disproportionate amount of your income. It's great that you do that and love your club, but please don't disparage those who don't do as you do.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
It's not a "piss take." On the East Coast of the US, we're 6 hours behind Rome. Embowafa is in LA--even further behind. That means most of us are at work or in class during weekday CL matches. Did you skip work to watch England play in the 2002 World Cup? I woke up at 3 or 4 in the morning to watch the early games (not the England ones), but then I had to go to school. Don't tell me I'm a plastic fan because I didn't go to Korea or Rome or London or Barcelona. You can be a true fan without it consuming your life or spending a disproportionate amount of your income. It's great that you do that and love your club, but please don't disparage those who don't do as you do.

Every male I know,and I do mean every single one,skipped work to watch England in 2002. However I don't go to many England games,Utd fans aren't usually the biggest followers of the national team but thats another story.
Look I am fighting a losing battle here,I get 33 days holiday a year so even if you can't get to a game you can at the very least watch the thing live on TV regardless of the timing.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Everyone get in real close....no, Puyol you stay on the left....ok, that looks good....everyone smile and say 'Benecios is a crybaby!"

fotos_triplet_www.fcbarcelona.cat_x1x.jpg

Hey, Einstein...I don't know if you've heard of this little concept called TIME ZONES. You see when it's all ***** dark where you are, it's still brighty bright where I am. And when they play the Champions League games when it's dark, well, plastic dudes (whatever the **** that means) like myself, are still at work earning MUCH more than you do. In cases like, this I'd rather not follow games on the internet and wait to watch them at home. I'm still not sure why I feel the need to make a case to you. I realllllly don't give a **** what you think. Besides, you're probably #1,000 on the list of things that can come close to wiping the smile that's been stuck on my face since Wednesday.

If you earn all that money treat yourself to a game you might like it. Its a bit different to watching it on TV,you get to see all the great movement off the ball from your wonderful midfield etc...
GET THE DAY OFF WORK AND WATCH THE THING LIVE ITS A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL FOR ***** SAKE.
P.S.I reckon I could wipe that smile off in under a second.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you earn all that money treat yourself to a game you might like it. Its a bit different to watching it on TV,you get to see all the great movement off the ball from your wonderful midfield etc... GET THE DAY OFF WORK AND WATCH THE THING LIVE ITS A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL FOR ***** SAKE. P.S.I reckon I could wipe that smile off in under a second.
Nice! Now we've ventured into the Internet Tough Guy Zone. This keeps getting better.
bounce2.gif
BTW, your assumption that I've never seen FC Barcelona play with my own 2 eyes is funny.

Germanicus

Reaction score
@embowafa

On TV they mentioned that Barca played around 60 games this season. How many have you seen?

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Germanicus
@embowafa

On TV they mentioned that Barca played around 60 games this season. How many have you seen?

I'll answer. I don't have an accurate count, but I've seen around 90% on TV (not all live--the horror!). And I have seen them in person.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Now we've ventured into the Internet Tough Guy Zone. This keeps getting better.
bounce2.gif

BTW, your assumption that I've never seen FC Barcelona play with my own 2 eyes is funny.

Now we,ve ventured into the Internet Liar Zone. You have never been to a competitive Barca game,you are a plastic clown who watches REPEATS of live games. There will possibly have been more guests on the site than usual because I have received texts from 7 friends who have had a look because they didn't believe someone like you exists.
Enough is enough now it got futile about 2 pages ago.
FACT: A team I support got beaten in the Champions League Final,that I was at,by a team you watch 6 hours after they have played.
FACT:After the game while Utd fans were crying/looking miserable/heads in hands etc...you still didn't know the score,you were in your office earning thousands and thousands which you wouldn't dream of spending on a ticket to see Barca.Congratulations.
Arguing with such a muppet is pointless so my contribution to said argument ends here.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Germanicus
@embowafa

So, now I have to prove my fanhood? Uh, shurrr...

I've seen every single league, Copa Del Rey, and CL game on either GolTV, ESPNDeportes, ESPN2, ESPN, or BarcaTV this year. The only game, to my recollection that I did not watch was a league game a few weeks ago that GolTV did not broadcast.

That doesn't count the Joan Gamper Cup vs. Boca Juniors (preseason) that I also watched on ESPN.

Tadda!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads