• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet & Styleforum Shirts - The Final Thread!

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hi everyone,

Here is a scan of the actual Chambray fabric that will be used. It's mostly grey, with just the smallest hint of olive. As I mentioned above, the Olive-Grey fabric that was presented was ultimately not available.

3505370331_0d0b144639_m.jpg

This particular fabric is Japanese and called "Sunwashed Chambray." It has a really soft and light feel, and will make a perfect Summer shirt. My apologies that we couldn't get the original color tone that everyone voted for.

Nice, I was looking for a Grey chambray.
inlove.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got confirmation from my workshop that the SF collaborative shirts should be ready by this Friday (5/29). Once they arrive, I'm going to photograph them and place them online. They'll be ready to ship just as soon as I receive the ties and bowties - which should be by the middle of next week. Sorry for the small delay, things got pushed back a bit on both fronts due to the holiday.

Pre-orders for XS, S, and M are now closed. I've still got units of L, XL , and XXL remaining. Just PM me if you're interested in one.

If you've already placed a pre-order, then your unit is reserved, and I'll contact you individually to confirm it and place payment after the shirts are received and photographed. Again, no worries if you change your mind and decide to pass on the shirt - we'll just put the item back up for sale.

Also, I'll have measurements for the XS on Friday. I know what they're supposed to be, but I want to measure the actual item after I receive it so that it's 100% correct.

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers,
Mike

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The Epaulet & Styleforum shirts will be finished sometime within the next few days. To celebrate their arrival, we're going to hold a party at our store this coming Thursday, June 4th, from 7-10 PM.

Definitely come by if you're in town. We'll have the Styleforum shirts, our new short-sleeves, a huge delivery of new bowties and ties, and a couple of other surprises. They'll be plenty of free drinks to go around. And we're going to offer 15% off everything in the store that's not epaulet-branded.

Our store is in Brooklyn, and is a few blocks away from the "F" train stop at Bergen street. The address is:

Epaulet
231 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231

If you can make it, please shoot me a quick RSVP by e-mail or PM, just so we know how much booze to pick up.

harryc

Reaction score
I thought pre-orders were going to be taken on the website as well. So the only chance for a size M is if someone passes on their reservation?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
I thought pre-orders were going to be taken on the website as well. So the only chance for a size M is if someone passes on their reservation?

No, we'll have extra units in Medium. I just didn't want to put up a website item and start taking money until the actual shirts arrived. XS and S all are pre-reserved, but Medium-XXL is fine.

Thanks,
Mike

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

After long last, our Styleforum collaborative shirts have arrived! They look unbelievable. Thanks again for all of the great feedback and for working on these with us. I think that you're really going to love these.

Pre-order customers have all been sent PM's. I'll have these shirts on our website and available for general purchase tomorrow afternoon. Again, they are $130 shipped in the US. International shipping is available too. And each will include one free matching tie or bowtie.

The matching ties and bowties are being finished as we speak. I expect to have them by the end of the week.

The Japanese Seersucker came out amazing. It's very soft and a medium weight, so you'll be able to wear this easily into the early Fall. It has natural Trocas shell buttons.

Here is a full series of pics below. We haven't had a chance to shoot this in the studio, so these were shot on the street today:

Light Blue Gingham Seersucker Shirt:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2464/...043ced1c_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/...0710fcbe_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/...bc2c2781_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2447/...c8323768_o.jpg

The Japanese Sunwashed Chambray is fantastic too. It's got an awesome texture and mottled color. With repeated wash and wear, it's going to really soften up and develop a great finish. Here are pics:

Light Grey Sunwashed Chambray Shirt
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3563/...4c9db0e6_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2475/...b36d23ef_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3631/...cf3e9bc3_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/...a148d964_o.jpg

Thanks again,
Mike

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of those look really good. Nice work!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The shirts are online and available for purchase. We've sold about half so far, but there's still a pretty full size range available for both of them.

Please note that each shirt includes a free tie or bowtie. This is exclusive for SF members (as a thank you for taking part in the design), so it's not mentioned on our website. If you purchase a shirt, just drop me an e-mail or PM and tell me which one you prefer. The tie or bowtie will be made in the exact same fabric as the shirt. I'll have photos of them available tomorrow. Your choice will be subject to availability. If you want a tie, I would act fast, as almost everyone is opting for that.

Again, the price is $130 including UPS shipping in the USA. And all SF members have a 2-week refund policy for returns. You can send back anything that you buy from us - new and unworn - for a full refund.

seersucker_front_main.jpg

Japanese Light Blue Gingham Seersucker Shirt

chambray_front_main.jpg

Japanese Sunwashed Grey Chambray Shirt

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome I just place an order.
smile.gif
!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that chambray looks awesome! looks like it's time to place an order...good call on the buttons too!

centrix

Reaction score
can i get the measurements on the xxl? since i can seem to find them on the website

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
can i get the measurements on the xxl? since i can seem to find them on the website
Sure thing, here it is: XXLarge // Chest: 23.5" Sleeves 37" Collar: 17” We actually sold our first XXL shirt in store yesterday. It fit the guy perfectly! We're definitely going to continue with this size in every batch. And I'm happy to report that the President of Alden will be receiving the Epaulet & Styleforum XXL Seersucker shirt shortly. He's got great taste!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads