• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stush
I decided to add a pair of Rescues to my closet after enjoying my new standards for a few weeks now. I'm happy with the fit of my NS which I sized down 2 from my true measured waist size, but since the Rescues are a roomier cut I figured I would go down three to avoid them being too loose after stretching.

Anyway I am really confused because the Rescues arrived today and the waist feels the same if not looser than my NS which I've been wearing every day for weeks now. The denim also feels as though it's slightly more stretchy and "forgiving" right from the start. Is this difference in size and feel common in the Rescues or did I possibly get a mis-tagged pair (they seem like they are probably 30s rather than 29 as they are tagged)? I probably needed to size down four in these to get the same kind of fit in the waist that I have in my NS, and I am most definitely not someone who is inclined to wear super snug jeans. Gah.

They should be around the same size waist as yours New Standards. I have a 28 new standards and 28 rescues, the 28 rescues are a bit bigger in the waist.

rocco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stush
I decided to add a pair of Rescues to my closet after enjoying my new standards for a few weeks now. I'm happy with the fit of my NS which I sized down 2 from my true measured waist size, but since the Rescues are a roomier cut I figured I would go down three to avoid them being too loose after stretching.

Anyway I am really confused because the Rescues arrived today and the waist feels the same if not looser than my NS which I've been wearing every day for weeks now. The denim also feels as though it's slightly more stretchy and "forgiving" right from the start. Is this difference in size and feel common in the Rescues or did I possibly get a mis-tagged pair (they seem like they are probably 30s rather than 29 as they are tagged)? I probably needed to size down four in these to get the same kind of fit in the waist that I have in my NS, and I am most definitely not someone who is inclined to wear super snug jeans. Gah.

I did the same as you: sized down two on NS, three on Rescues. Worked out well.

dakine

Reaction score
Do most people get the NS's hemmed? (Is this standard operating procedure, or what do you guys do?)

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let it stack.
fistbump.gif

beowolf

Reaction score
there are a pair of NS's i have been eyeing for a deep discount but they are a size 34 I am a 36 but they are really tight in the waste this is normal right?

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
That fit makes me nausous.
frown.gif

Yea it's a lot of stretching and sagging. Only really wear them on the weekends. Should probably soak them but I doubt it'll take long to get back to that point.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Been wearing the hell out of my new petit standards the past 2 weeks while on vacation, and they've stretched a good amount. However, I noticed that there's this weird crease developing below my right pocket.

I'm pretty sure I don't have an abnormal ass cheek creating this...none of my other denims have developed this crease. Here's a pic:

3570664958_8d191bcb07.jpg

Has anyone experienced something like this with their APCs? I'm hoping it's just something that goes away with wear, but the fact that it's specifically creasing in this area worries me.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has APC sizing changed at all in the last four years, or is it still as crazy as ever? That's about how long ago I purchased my Rescues, which (despite trying a variety of more exotic denim) are still the best fitting jeans I own. Anyway, it's time for a crispy new pair, and I want to make sure I get the sizing right.

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
Been wearing the hell out of my new petit standards the past 2 weeks while on vacation, and they've stretched a good amount. However, I noticed that there's this weird crease developing below my right pocket.

I'm pretty sure I don't have an abnormal ass cheek creating this...none of my other denims have developed this crease. Here's a pic:

Has anyone experienced something like this with their APCs? I'm hoping it's just something that goes away with wear, but the fact that it's specifically creasing in this area worries me.

thats how my new standards are too... supposedly that's just the fit

robba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82

3570664958_8d191bcb07.jpg

I have this, it's a bit more intense on my wallet side.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Has APC sizing changed at all in the last four years, or is it still as crazy as ever? That's about how long ago I purchased my Rescues, which (despite trying a variety of more exotic denim) are still the best fitting jeans I own. Anyway, it's time for a crispy new pair, and I want to make sure I get the sizing right.

Don't think anythings changed, except the place where its constructed.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, I feel like an idiot for even asking this... but someone please help with sizing recomendation...

I wear a 28 in most normal pants and non-raw jeans...

I have Slim Jim's in a 29 and they're a bit too loose. I have Slim Jim's in a 28 and they're snug and comfy, slim but not too tight. This is the final fit I want...

I have New Cure's in a 28 (no sizing down), but after 5-10 wears they're still tight at the calves, and I've got diaper butt already... they're just not a good cut for me. I like slim but these feel too "hipster/rocker" look... I prefer the SJ's straight leg.

So should I get NS's in a 27 (size down 1 from normal and Slim Jim's), or 26!? (down 2. I've tried them on, could barely button them up, but they did just about make it.). PS - I wear my pants at the waist, no sag. And... I don't wear them "hard", prolly once a week, maybe twice.

Mucho Thankious

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads