• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments S/S 09

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
some of the shorts are tempting, how do they fit?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jonathan + Olivia just put their EG on sale as well.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
really like both cinch back shorts. will wait til the rag & bone sale at gilt tomorrow, but those grey/white seersuckers are so tempting...

davo10375

Reaction score
How do the EG shorts fit? Looking at the chambray fatigue shorts... odin has small/med/large/xlarge, im around a 36ish waist. What size should I go for? Has a drawstring as well so I guess that could help if in between sizes. Also would appreciate any fit pictures/ideas on the inseam or how slim the legs are.

Also looking at the camp shirts... how do they fit? I'm about a medium in Jcrew. EDIT: Odin only has XL left.. dont worry bout this part
frown.gif

New to EG
smile.gif

EDIT2: Just realised Odin only shipping domestically... average. If anyone is available to do a proxy, let me know; will pay a fee for it.

Oxnard

Reaction score
oh man, I am pretty tempted by the odin sale, I picked up a pair of those chambray ghurka shorts like three months ago and they are pretty sweet, decent inseam length with a very slim leg, very cool stuff, sized tts on those if anyone is wondering.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
davo- you should probably go with the L. I am a 32 and the S fits me well.

davo10375

Reaction score
Thanks mate; what is the inseam like on the shorts? And how slim are the legs? My legs aren't the thinnest things and i like a boxy fit sometimes.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inseam depends on the shorts. I think Norwegian army shorts are I think 6" and the gurkha and others are about 9"? They aren't slim, and most of the materials are fairly thin and stretchy.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
How do the EG shorts fit? Looking at the chambray fatigue shorts... odin has small/med/large/xlarge, im around a 36ish waist. What size should I go for? Has a drawstring as well so I guess that could help if in between sizes. Also would appreciate any fit pictures/ideas on the inseam or how slim the legs are.

Also looking at the camp shirts... how do they fit? I'm about a medium in Jcrew. EDIT: Odin only has XL left.. dont worry bout this part
frown.gif

New to EG
smile.gif

EDIT2: Just realised Odin only shipping domestically... average. If anyone is available to do a proxy, let me know; will pay a fee for it.

I had this same question about the camp shirts actually. I was thinking about the camp shirt and the popover herringbone BD and was wondering about the fit on both in order to make up my mind. They both look fantastic and from all the pictures I've seen the popover shirt might be a bit less boxy in the same size. I am typically a small in most clothing brands and I don't mind looser fit for the summer but I definately don't want to swim in these things. I'm 5'8, 150ish lbs. for reference.

Can anyone offer some sizing/fit advice or throw some pics up?? Thanks, guys!

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Camp Shirt I wear in a Large like most other EG shirts but in the Pop-Over, I took an XL. I found the Large to be to snug for a shirt of this style so if you're looking for a trim fit, Small would be fine.

Originally Posted by tonio028
I had this same question about the camp shirts actually. I was thinking about the camp shirt and the popover herringbone BD and was wondering about the fit on both in order to make up my mind. They both look fantastic and from all the pictures I've seen the popover shirt might be a bit less boxy in the same size. I am typically a small in most clothing brands and I don't mind looser fit for the summer but I definately don't want to swim in these things. I'm 5'8, 150ish lbs. for reference.

Can anyone offer some sizing/fit advice or throw some pics up?? Thanks, guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads