• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
As stated in the other eyewear thread, I want to try on some Moscot's, and the one location in Edmonton only has their vintage models. I really want to try on some Emile's and Hesh's, any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions in glasses in general? Like I said I like the look of the Emile's and Hesh's, but really the only glasses I've found to suit me very well are Half-Rimless (ex: Moscot Parkay) and I'm kind of trying to get away from this type...

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Mykita makes excellent frames. If you like the modern/classic look try...

Gotti
Martin & Martin has only acetate frames that use classic shapes with modern lines
Lindberg's new acetate collection is a little bit more technical
Ic! Berlin is also a bit technical with their temple design
Reiz is also a clean collection

Mind you, these are not cheap pieces. If you are looking for something a bit more conservatively priced, try Inface and Prodesign which both have recently released a this kind of style of frames.

Also Hugo by Hugo Boss has a decent collection but nothing near the ones mentioned above....

Another option if you want to be a bit more unique, try to find vintage eyewear. I just met an individual that bought 13 pieces of eyewear at a garage sale for $3 a piece. They were all vintages. Great find/buy IMO.

thanks for the advice. in the more out there designs, i liked some derome brenner models, but yeah, i couldn't really justify paying for them.

i might try the vintage route as you suggest. any good places to scour out besides just hitting up garage sales?

thanks again!

skavis

Reaction score
I am using this forum as a last chance hope!!!!!! and I hope someone can help me. I have been searching for these sunglasses for over 6 years. I have ZERO information on them and havent seen them anywhere, everytime i pass a sunglasses store or shack or tourist trap i look.... but to no avail..... 6 years going on 7 and nothing even close. I have tried so so hard but i think the only way is if someone knows what or how to find them. Any information would be GREAT!!! The screen shot is from a movie call "twin town" (great movie by the way) The first time i saw them i had to have them..... just cant find them.

Hope someone has seen them before and can let me know what they are called so i can least find a pair similar if not the same.
Thanks.

20zthjt.jpg

single speed

Reaction score
it seems that with way farers and the like being all the rage, i find myself leaning back towards aviators.

the question is this: how wide should the sunglasses be in concordance with one's face? should the edge of the frame be in line with the width of your face?

also, i have a semi heart shaped face, whice style would be best for a good fit? i know i'd have to try them on, but as a general "style"

thanks!

Kopite

Reaction score
Any opinions on TAG Heuer frames / lenses. I was thinking of getting a pair. How are they quality wise / durability wise?

Thanks

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you can find the ndg x oliver peoples at a ton of places.. just google ndg-1 there are a lot of sites. the ny ndg store also has like 6 different colors.

pierreyann

Reaction score
back on the ndg-1..

my question wasn'T really precise, i'm in montreal, canada, that might help ;P

yeaaah well i'm a bit far from nyc and im wondering a bit about the legitimacy of some websites e.g. sunglassesavenue.com, iloveglasses.com, smartbuyglasses.com ...
if anybody has any experience, bad or good, i'd appreciate the input!

thanks!

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pierreyann
back on the ndg-1..

my question wasn'T really precise, i'm in montreal, canada, that might help ;P

yeaaah well i'm a bit far from nyc and im wondering a bit about the legitimacy of some websites e.g. sunglassesavenue.com, iloveglasses.com, smartbuyglasses.com ...
if anybody has any experience, bad or good, i'd appreciate the input!

thanks!

honestly, you can give them a call. most of them look legit and aren't offering ridiculous prices, ie: they're discounted, but they're not discounted out of the realm of possibility. these are glasses from last season.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a street view of sunglassesavenue.com's offices:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=129+Ce...12,243.73,,0,5

Do you really want to buy designer sunglasses from these people?
rolleyes.gif

There are also many negative reports on sufu. Seriously, just spend the extra $75 or so and get them from a legitimate store.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Here is a street view of sunglassesavenue.com's offices:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=129+Ce...12,243.73,,0,5

Do you really want to buy designer sunglasses from these people?
rolleyes.gif

There are also many negative reports on sufu. Seriously, just spend the extra $75 or so and get them from a legitimate store.

haha fair enough. i usually do domain checks on fishy sites..

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pierreyann
i'm looking for ndg * oliver people's f/w 2008 glasses, u know where i could still find them?
tx!

If you are looking to try them on, best bet would be to hit the stores that carry them. Sometimes if the stores a bit slow at turning over merchandise they will have last seasons pieces. But if the model you are looking for is still current (just released f/w 2008, and still current), any store (that has an account with OP) can order in the piece for you.

If not, you can always look online to see if they are available...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned
As stated in the other eyewear thread, I want to try on some Moscot's, and the one location in Edmonton only has their vintage models. I really want to try on some Emile's and Hesh's, any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions in glasses in general? Like I said I like the look of the Emile's and Hesh's, but really the only glasses I've found to suit me very well are Half-Rimless (ex: Moscot Parkay) and I'm kind of trying to get away from this type...

If they are the only store that carries them and they are reputable store, why not ask them to order them in for you and you will give them a non-refundable deposit. If you dont like them, ask for a store credit. I guess this is kind of negotiating, but if they want your business they will be willing to work with you.
dozingoff.gif

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
What do you guys think about these? They are ******* hot IMO..

Those are a very sporty looking pair. Almost like a Oakley Gascan look. But one of the HUGE benefits to this particular pair is that they have rubber nosepads which will increase comfort immensely. Also it will reduce the amount of slippage when sweating. Overall, if youre looking for a sporty pair, go for the dive. The lenses are great too.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kopite
Any opinions on TAG Heuer frames / lenses. I was thinking of getting a pair. How are they quality wise / durability wise?

Thanks

Tag Heuer frames are not bad. The reason why I say not bad is..

Cons
1. Big price tag, mostly for the name
2. Quality is okay, but not the best
3. The rubber temples seem to rip where the screws are inserted. And you made think the temples are not breakable but I saw one broken 2 weeks ago.

Pros
1. Comfortable
2. It has the name Tag Heuer
3. Light
4. Come in large sizes
5. Styling

If you're money to spend. If you find a style you like, go for it. If you're buying it because it is a "TAG", think about what I just mentioned and if it's worth it to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads