• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
gk12.jpg

gk12-3.jpg

These work for me, also.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I thought all these shoes were already made and fritzl is finding them good homes, but I could be wrong.

you are absolutely right and i invite you to the "operation paprika" club.

here is the story:

mr. kiss made shoes with all his heartblood. it is 15 years ago, i met him first. these are the best shoes i own.

but there is also a bit of sadness involved. he is 85 and he has to take care of a mental handicapped son and his wife sitting in the wheelchair.

he cannot stop working, but i/we can help him out to sell some shoes people, didn't pick up or forgot about them.

it is my vision and deepest wish to give some charity to this brave man.

i really appreciate your support.

thanks again and thanks for listening.

ps: certainly we paid mr. kiss in advance. so he is not bothered about the sales success.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B2C2V
Excellent feedback - to me it is like a Highly Recommended endorsement from the Consumer Report. When you get a chance, would appreciate a pic of WAYWRN with the shoes.
I will. I'm in the desert for a bit, and the shoes are not great with shorts, but the next time I wear them, I will definitely take a pic. You really cannot go wrong with them, and the pictures are very good representations of the last shape.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Thanks fritzl,is this pebble grain?

yes, it is pebble grain. i wore mine today... ...with shorts
eek.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't know what my size would be. I only have tried two Vass lasts, and I am a 46 in U and 45.5 in F. I have never tried one of the more traditional lasts.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what my size would be. I only have tried two Vass lasts, and I am a 46 in U and 45.5 in F. I have never tried one of the more traditional lasts.

hmmh, so matt trusted my gut feeling
smile.gif
and it went ok.

just provide your measurements from one of your bespoke shoes and we can work it out.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gk4.jpg

gk4-1.jpg

after michaelay329 cancelled his order(wife, too much shoes ordered, the usual stuff
rotflmao.gif
), methinks, you should pull the trigger...
cheers.gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fritzl, wifey had nothing to do with it, my heart is set on a Budapester blucher for sure...but I didn't want black calf and I prefer a longwing version. I like the rear steel heel corner plate
inlove.gif
Come summer time I'll consider purchasing a very dark brown budapester with a crepe sole. Dinkelacker can make it but am unsure if Vass offers crepe soles Its nice to see and how you and Manton are back on talking terms given your exchanges focus on the heart of what SF is about...the exchange of ideas and information on stylish articles of clothing.
cheers.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Fritzl, wifey had nothing to do with it,...

michael, i was just kidding
tongue.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
michael:
Come summer time I'll consider purchasing a very dark brown budapester with a crepe sole. Dinkelacker can make it but am unsure if Vass offers crepe soles

hmmh, i prefer vass to dinkelacker. but this is just a gut feeling. i don't owe either...

if vass does not offer crepe soles, they can be "installed" aftermarket easily. imo, crepe doesn't need to be sewn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
michael:
Its nice to see and how you and Manton are back on talking terms given your exchanges focus on the heart of what SF is about...the exchange of ideas and information on stylish articles of clothing.
cheers.gif

yes, i appreciate this, too. the cracking point was the "night of the truth"(whnay's small timer thread, epic). manton told me a lot between the lines, great
cheers.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I will. I'm in the desert for a bit, and the shoes are not great with shorts, but the next time I wear them, I will definitely take a pic. You really cannot go wrong with them, and the pictures are very good representations of the last shape.

Looking forward to seeing pics.. I may yet take the plunge..

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I am confused, because I was out of town for the small timer thread and did not post in it as I recall.

Anyway, if those shoes are black, I am not interested, I definitely want brown in some shade or other if I am going to do this. They looked dark brown to me in the pics.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely want brown in some shade or other if I am going to do this. They looked dark brown to me in the pics.
it's a blueish grey. pigeon blue or whatever u can call it. next trip will be in 2 or 3 weeks. there was a look a like in your size. eu 42,5
gk10.jpg
i keep you updated.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
browsing through my correspondence as of late, i found a message from marcellhun of koronya shoes budapest:

marcellhun wrote:

HI fritzl,

This(noted: "operation paprika") is the nicest thing I have ever seen in this forums! Thanks for this in the name of the whole shoemaker society. I hope you can help this old man. Actually in old times shoemaker made guilts and did this kind of charity work. It is a shame that this 85 old man still has to work for money. I try to help if I can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads