• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srgprod

Reaction score
They just got in a pure white jean that lists for $ 325. The PRL white classic fit jean sells for $ 98. I can't tell much difference between the two other than selvage for the RRL jeans.

Originally Posted by unicornwarrior
From reading this thread, I clearly see this forum has a lot of misconceptions of what RRL is and isn't.

A good deal of the clothing is Made in China, it's not all USA.

and honestly the prices on most RRL aren't that much more expensive than most RL polo. The average RRL shirt is 145, the average on jeans is 230, etc. nothing unusual price wise when compared to the other brands this forum promotes. It's a solid product with a great aesthetic and fit. Stop making it seem like this huge mystery.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
They just got in a pure white jean that lists for $ 325. The PRL white classic fit jean sells for $ 98. I can't tell much difference between the two other than selvage for the RRL jeans.
I understand that's a healthy margin but it's kind of like saying Sizzler sells steaks as does Ruth Chris but you can't tell the difference. As some people might speculate, the difference between actual cost and retail price is probably greater with the PRL jeans than RRL. RRL uses Japanese denim that's then assembled in the US with detailing such as hidden back pocket rivets and chainstitching. PRL uses fairly cheap denim that's mass produced in a third-world country. It's like the steaks or anything else: if you don't have the taste for it you probably won't care much about the difference.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ well spoken sir.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the jeans, but it seems like a lot of the accessories and shirts have RRL printed large, or gaudy decoration (the leather motorcycle jacket that turns up on Ebay with rhinestones and stuff, for instance).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Not the jeans, but it seems like a lot of the accessories and shirts have RRL printed large, or gaudy decoration (the leather motorcycle jacket that turns up on Ebay with rhinestones and stuff, for instance).
Please show me shirts that have the logo. Even the t-shirts that are branded are the minority compared to all the plain tees they sell. The stuff you see on ebay also isn't very representative of the current collections. A healthy chunk of what's on there is older.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you have to remember Japan is an entity all to its self.
They do things that aren't avaliable to U.S. and vice versa.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
Rakuten store with a huge stock: Beef

Originally Posted by Mauro
you have to remember Japan is an entity all to its self.
They do things that aren't avaliable to U.S. and vice versa.

That RRL in Japan is priced like gold. They have alot of items on there easily available stateside at a fraction of the price.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say if you're bored or something, compare you're pair of RRL jeans to the pair of jeans Mizanation is having made by hand by a real denim expert here (superfuture) . I think you'll see RRL is similar in most of the small details, like buttons, stitch width, tapering thread gauge, etc you see on those jeans. Of all the jeans I own, I found only RRL really compares to Mizanation's. Edit: Also wanted to say RRL has production in more than just China and USA. The belt I have from RRL was made in Italy.

stickshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion

Edit: Also wanted to say RRL has production in more than just China and USA. The belt I have from RRL was made in Italy.

Also Mauritius and India, from what I've seen.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to the RRL store in Malibu tomorrow. Anyone want me to check out anything in particular for them or sizing?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Just wanted to say if you're bored or something, compare you're pair of RRL jeans to the pair of jeans Mizanation is having made by hand by a real denim expert here (superfuture) . I think you'll see RRL is similar in most of the small details, like buttons, stitch width, tapering thread gauge, etc you see on those jeans. Of all the jeans I own, I found only RRL really compares to Mizanation's. Edit: Also wanted to say RRL has production in more than just China and USA. The belt I have from RRL was made in Italy.
that sufu thread is seriously a must-read for denimphiles.

Dangydang

Reaction score
Here are the pics of for the people who want to know how the RRL oxfords fit:

Blue Oxford (S)

30ii0c5.jpg

White Oxford (S)

2rw86qo.jpg

Stiped Oxford (M)

33pavld.jpg

x2l4j9.jpg

27xkls3.jpg

2u8uq8z.jpg

the fit is perfect...BUY!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads