• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i havnt received them yet but I dropped $223 on them at some Swedish mailorder. free shipping, no tax, I think it was a decent deal. I think this is the most I have ever spent on an article of clothing.

worth it, i hope

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
updizzle!

I got them today and they are everything I hoped for. Size 12US typically fits me like a glove and this is probably the best, most perfect fitting 12 I have.

and it took only like 3 days to get here from sweden!

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Completely, 100% agree. Once I go back home, I'm planning to chop the heel off my Clarks so they look more like my OCs.
biggrin.gif

Would that actually work? Post pics if you really do it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can't believe how much my Wolf suedes have darkened up with just a little wear. When I bought them the brown was so light that it almost seemed pink. It's now much more of a sort of coffee brown.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178

imo, hazarding a guess, I would say it would not. I think it would throw off the support and comfort of the shoe, not to mention the look. Plus what a lot of work--why bother?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eastbay has 30% off orders 99.00+ for memorial day

they carry 3 styles of clarks DB

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178

I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

v3l

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Footlocker!? ****, now we know this trend has had its day.

WE350B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

Eh, I thought they looked good. I am afraid of doing an uneven chop though.

Originally Posted by Robert
Footlocker!? ****, now we know this trend has had its day.

Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WE350B
^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

OK, I feel better then. Just don't wanna be too identified with the stirp-mall crowd, ya know.

hnlax

Reaction score
Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

agreed. for all of the mannequins that they're on in stores and the amount that magazines and websites cover them, i honestly have not seen anyone wearing a pair of desert boots, and i live in la.

maybe i just don't go shopping enough...but i do go to usc, and you would have figured preps are the crowd that would embrace desert boots most.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads