• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to plaster this image allover your site.

Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
The minimum order serves as the ticket to the clown's circus.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You just blew my mind: I think that is exactly it...thank you for putting shape to my amorphous discomfort.

Even among many of the pics that I thought were interesting this week, there is a widespread migration away from coat and tie. I think that you are right that a lot of men falter in not having tailored clothes good for the summer. The demand on creativity and style when you try to combine tailored cothing items with more casual items (a knee jerk response to lacking summer wear) is daunting, and rather difficult to execute convincingly.

- B

Yes, I do agree with this perspective. The fact of the matter is, elegance is more difficult to achieve the warmer it gets. And even though my aesthetic has been in place for some time, I usually set it aside in warmer weather for comfort's sake. But I will endeavour to rise to the challenge this time round. And it helps that we have variable weather all year round

Thanks for the inclusion

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was there any RLBL?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
was there any RLBL?

No. I had to use Phatty pics. BTW, just got the D-LUX...it's nice.

I still love my old boxy Minilux, though...still use that for B&W film.

- B

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
No. I had to use Phatty pics. BTW, just got the D-LUX...it's nice.

I still love my old boxy Minilux, though...still use that for B&W film.

- B

- I loved my old Minilux & only used for B&W as well! Man that fell into the river a few times whilst fly-fishing & survived..

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Yes, I do agree with this perspective. The fact of the matter is, elegance is more difficult to achieve the warmer it gets. And even though my aesthetic has been in place for some time, I usually set it aside in warmer weather for comfort's sake. But I will endeavour to rise to the challenge this time round. And it helps that we have variable weather all year round

Thanks for the inclusion

Yes- and I'd conjecture that, while well fitted coats and suits can help emphasize a good physique, they most often make up for people's physical shortcomings.

So you get persons who look great in their suits, out of them reveal that they lack muscle or are fat or just average etc... very challenging to hide in a polo shirt
tongue.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I loved my old Minilux & only used for B&W as well! Man that fell into the river a few times whilst fly-fishing & survived..

You fwocker...I have a set of pics somewhere where I toss a purely accidental but near perfect cast outside of Banff. It's hilarious.

- B

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Yes- and I'd conjecture that, while well fitted coats and suits can help emphasize a good physique, they most often make up for people's physical shortcomings.

So you get persons who look great in their suits, out of them reveal that they lack muscle or are fat or just average etc... very challenging to hide in a polo shirt
tongue.gif

So true, so true.

So Vox, what are you (we) needing more of? The same suit and tie looks, but with the summer flair?

I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for all your post, comments etc. I have no idea how you do it.

JP

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am dejected.. the only time I ever show up in vox's thread is for shoes..
cry.gif

Are you trying to tell me something Bill?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPHardy

So Vox, what are you (we) needing more of? The same suit and tie looks, but with the summer flair?

I'll need to work on that.

Thanks for all your post, comments etc. I have no idea how you do it.

JP

+1

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant

tongue.gif

You continue to blow my mind.

Originally Posted by JPHardy

The warmer months are a time where fabrics, colors, and combinations...and lighteheartedness...can infuse tailored clothing in a way that is often impossible the rest of the year. Why not take advantage of that?

Originally Posted by gnatty8
I am dejected.. the only time I ever show up in vox's thread is for shoes..
cry.gif

Are you trying to tell me something Bill?

I've also put in a couple of closeups, I think.

I'm still working on the Powerpoint presentation...

- B

_AMD

Reaction score
What the hell is going on here? It's almost noon on Friday, and there is no update to this thread from Vox. I am losing faith in SF.

Aaron

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Shouldnt this be the end of the month version?

Yes, you are right. This is even more alarming. Who should we contact, the MA State Police, the FBI, CIA, NSA? How high up does this need to go?

Aaron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads