• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I thought all the OGs have kids

I can only think of one: iammatt. Ask Andy About Clothes was mafoofan's surrogate mother...who handled the in vitro remains a tad murky. My bet is on Tepdoc.

- B

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I should follow this thread more closely. These are some of the best elements of style that I've seen in a while.

Great collection of photo's and it saves time browsing thru every thread.

+1 It's usually very well-chosen. vox has a good eye.

My favourite was the bicycle shot too.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Kabbaz, surely? Wasn't he handling everything over there?

Kabbaz has a minimum order of six.

If he did handle the fertilization, we should all brace ourselves for five more.

Perhaps the other five are planted in key locations around the globe, like in The Boys from Brazil.

- B

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I thought all the OGs have kids

This is no guarantee, however, that they are theirs ...
mwink[1].gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - I can't believe I made the cut of Lord Vox! Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately Summer is upon us with a vengeance right now so not sure I'll be able to wear that shirt-jacket again anytime soon. Time for lazy shirts, shorts and boat shoes!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You just blew my mind: I think that is exactly it...thank you for putting shape to my amorphous discomfort.

Even among many of the pics that I thought were interesting this week, there is a widespread migration away from coat and tie. I think that you are right that a lot of men falter in not having tailored clothes good for the summer. The demand on creativity and style when you try to combine tailored cothing items with more casual items (a knee jerk response to lacking summer wear) is daunting, and rather difficult to execute convincingly.

- B

ABSOLUTELY. And what MTM can solve for me with suits, trousers and jackets, it does not accomplish with casual and light summer wear. I have 36"+ arms, I'm trim... there's nothing OTR that approaches the custom fit.

I hate my casual wardrobe right now... what's left of it.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kabbaz has a minimum order of six. If he did handle the fertilization, we should all brace ourselves for five more. Perhaps the other five are planted in key locations around the globe, like in The Boys from Brazil. - B
Is 6 all AK requires? I heard you have to be "tapped" to enter the inner sanctum shirtorious.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kabbaz has a minimum order of six.

If he did handle the fertilization, we should all brace ourselves for five more.

Perhaps the other five are planted in key locations around the globe, like in The Boys from Brazil.

- B

Great work. You should put this into your portfolio in case you need it when applying to another message board.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Great work. You should put this into your portfolio in case you need it when applying to another message board.

I plan on putting whnay in my portfolio. I will leave it unzipped just ever so slightly to let in fresh air.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads