• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
So does the Georgetown Rugby store also sell RRL jeans? I've been thinking about getting a pair. Where is the closest place to get them from Georgetown?
Farinelli's across the bridge in Clarendon carries them.

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
What is this you speak of? RRL has been at the barneys here since at least last fall.

To my understanding, Barney's is buying more of their stock and promoting the brand more.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The "rumor" is that over 50% of the denim at Barney's this fall will be RRL. They're also buying into the rest of the collection. So while RRL has been at Barney's, it'll seem microscpoic compared to what you'll see this fall.

I think that they've been doing test runs at select Barneys for a couple of seasons now. I got stuff at the SF one that was sold out everywhere else for 50% off last December, and there was an entire display, write by the cash register, for RRL. I guess that it did well.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a fairly large stock here at the barneys in las vegas (more representation than any other brand at least) and unless they are consistently re-stocking it hasn't been selling worth a damn. As far as denim goes they have much more n&f than anything else at the moment.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
So does the Georgetown Rugby store also sell RRL jeans? I've been thinking about getting a pair. Where is the closest place to get them from Georgetown?
Farinellis EDIT: FU whodini.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barneys is trying to get out of their lease in Vegas. I am good friends with the mens denim buyer and they are doing a lot with RRL.
Right now RRL is the best preformer in Barneys and in the Ralph stores.

fixuplooksharp

Reaction score
mauro's outfit, as per his request.

mauro1.jpg

mauro2.jpg

mauro3.jpg

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why thank you my goodman.....asshat!

I love knickers and the such.

stoneb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Barneys is trying to get out of their lease in Vegas. I am good friends with the mens denim buyer and they are doing a lot with RRL. Right now RRL is the best preformer in Barneys and in the Ralph stores.
Wow, already? They only got here last year. I'm going to miss having a place nearby to try on RRLs and other good denim

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup its a blood bath and vegas got hit hard

on page 3 lists the measurements of the jeans~

stoneb

Reaction score
yea I know, I'm just a sucker for actually seeing how things fit. Plus it never hurts to have an excuse for going out to the Strip

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
true.
I have to go to Vegas twice a year and I dread it because of the strip.
No one ever wants to go to red rock or anything!

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wonder who would lease that space that barneys occupies right now if they do manage to break their agreement. It's a fantastic looking store with quite a bit of visual attention directed to the stairwell and I can't think of a company that could come in and occupy more than one floor. Now that I think of it, maybe Sands could use it as an upscale convention hall.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
yup its a blood bath and vegas got hit hard

I can't fathom that they will get out their lease. Like someone said they've only been there for about 2 years and are the anchor tenant in that new Palazzo shopping center. I really like that Barney's too. Good lay out and has a pretty good selection of stuff considering it's size.

You got to figure they signed a 10 year lease, as much money as they may be losing there is no way that the Palazzo will let them "break" or cancel the lease even with a buy out which would probably not even cover the amount of money they are losing or the horrible PR it would be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics