• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Dude's a family man, not some awful narcissistic pseudo-hipster.

Great look, shouldn't change anything

Highly agree. Pulled off effortlessly.

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I agree, stazy. Yea, the pants fit like asshole. doesn't have to be be skinny or even that slim, but just not like something that's a size or two too big. Needs a belt too. Looks awkward. The shirt is kinda nice at least. MC is easy to please when it comes to non-suiting pics i guess

The pants fit. Check the waist. For this look, the relatively roomy top block works well. Chinos were originally designed to fit pretty much exactly like that (well, they would have been worn higher, but whatever). Check out photos of McQueen. Slimmer, shorter chinos would make the look Sartorialist ready - by which I mean, lemming trendy New Yorker or New Yorker wannabe.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"But... but... it really was what I was wearing today!" (Futile protests as one is damned to the lowest level of Styleforum hell.)

rbcj.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Highly agree. Pulled off effortlessly.

The pants fit. Check the waist. For this look, the relatively roomy top block works well. Chinos were originally designed to fit pretty much exactly like that (well, they would have been worn higher, but whatever). Check out photos of McQueen. Slimmer, shorter chinos would make the look Sartorialist ready - by which I mean, lemming trendy New Yorker or New Yorker wannabe.

Hard to defend the missing belt though. To me, belt loops without a belt is like leaving a button-down collar unbuttoned. It just doesn't look right.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to go scrolling through a week's worth of discussion, but does anyone have the deets on PinkPantser's straw hat?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
target.

Originally Posted by Maharlika
I can't quite identify the logo on the shirt. Lovely colors on him though.

polo.

one word answers ftw.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Hard to defend the missing belt though. To me, belt loops without a belt is like leaving a button-down collar unbuttoned. It just doesn't look right.

It depends if you're going to tuck. If I'm wearing a shirt untucked I don't normally wear a belt. If you tuck, you should probably wear a belt. But not necessarily.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think going beltless can look good (I did on my last fit) but it looks really out of place in Alan's pic. Would be better if he just untucked his shirt I think. Speaking as a guy that lost about 60 pounds though, it really messes with your style and takes a bit to cope with.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I think going beltless can look good (I did on my last fit) but it looks really out of place in Alan's pic. Would be better if he just untucked his shirt I think. Speaking as a guy that lost about 60 pounds though, it really messes with your style and takes a bit to cope with.

I dont know. I think beltless is only ok if 1) Untucked or 2) wearing suspenders

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
pink- The landscape is scary. Makes me think of places people go to dump bodies
eh.gif

dudes. Not 10 yards from where I take my pictures on my walk in the morning I found this, no joke.

090522b.jpg

090522.jpg

bbbf, eg, br

re: the hat - it's from target, though I swapped out the band.
090522a.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
re: the hat - it's from target, though I swapped out the band.
090522a.jpg

I must get this. It's perfect. How much did it set you back?

th0rbahn

Reaction score
first WAYWT post. excuse the picture quality and all that. I'm just a beginner..
fitpic.jpg
MJK shawl neck/DVS shoes some members may notice their previously owned belongings here :p

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I don't think I really did the 'boot tuck' justice, but I tried just the same...

DSCN4088-1.jpg

will probably switch to sperrys at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads