• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srgprod

Reaction score
And they are limited production items. They make a relatively few pieces of each item with the exception of the jeans and staples such as oxfords and tees. All the other items are limited. They also discontinue lines and pull them from the shelves regularly which adds to the rarity. Its very interesting to see how RRL operates. Exclusive, limited production vintage repro clothing.

Originally Posted by xchen
RRL jeans are made in the USA. Stop while you are ahead. A lot of the shirts and other things might be made in China but they are generally made in really small runs. Nothing near RL Polo manufacturing levels.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDV
I am sure RRL is a very successful and profitable line. Ralph has investors and financiers and they would be a little more than unhappy if he were breaking even or losing money on any of his projects.
Originally Posted by TDV
If it were losing money year after year the line would be shut down but it's making enough where it's feasible to continue operating or will be moved overseas entirely.
Originally Posted by TDV
...the company is a well oiled machine and probably not going to keep RRL around just for 'name recognition' or nostalgia or whatever.
You're making a lot of assumptions which treat RRL like any other label. I'm not sure how many times or in how many ways I can tell you that this simply isn't so. You're making conclusions without seeing or understanding all of the facts. A couple of points that might help clear things up for you: -RRL doesn't advertise, doesn't want to advertise, and will not advertise. RRL stores would love to but corporate is extremely protective of the brand and will not allow it. Think about it. -Having talked to various people at both the retail and corporate level, they all acknowledged that the label was a money pit in terms of sales and had been since its inception. Still, that fact hasn't had a noticeable effect on each season's output. How many companies do you know are able to do this year after year? Are they still around? RRL has gained a lot of ground in the past two years and once it hits Barney's this fall the brand will gain even more recognition in the US. Still, it's not the cash cow you have conceived it to be nor was it ever.
Originally Posted by robin
Does anyone have any company contacts at RL for getting pictures of all this stuff?
I've been in contact with friends at RRL this past month (and since January) to try to create some better exposure on the forum. Corporate's stance is that while they enjoy word-of-mouth exposure on the internet with fan-submitted photos they are super strict when it comes to photographing their product otherwise. I try to take as best of photos as I can with my personal collection or when I visit a store but the store itself cannot photograph the product for commercial use. If you guys ever want to nerd out about the brand I recommend visiting or calling the RRL Melrose store. Very cool people.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I used to have pictures of the entire f/w collection that RRL Georgetown carried, but I seem to have deleted them from my gmail
frown.gif
There are also like 10 theme collections, ie: black tie, stadium, tweed, palms, black watch, etc.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this actual information is no replacement for guessing and uninformed blanket statements.

I'm in Dallas next week. I will swing by West Village and see what's what with their stock. As much as I'd like to give Mauro the sale, I have to lay hands on these jeans to make up my mind.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I used to have pictures of the entire f/w collection that RRL Georgetown carried, but I seem to have deleted them from my gmail
frown.gif

There are also like 10 theme collections, ie: black tie, stadium, tweed, palms, black watch, etc.

Wasn't there a "Ranch Hand" or similar line a few years ago?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
All this actual information is no replacement for guessing and uninformed blanket statements. I'm in Dallas next week. I will swing by West Village and see what's what with their stock. As much as I'd like to give Mauro the sale, I have to lay hands on these jeans to make up my mind.
Your hands will be pleasured.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Your hands will be pleasured.

That will be quite the role reversal for them.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a pretty awesome thread and i'm surprised it hasn't been made earlier.

speaking of RRL, picked up a nice half button band collar barn shirt today at a PRL outlet store for $15 bucks....you just can't beat that. I'll probably post some pics tomorrow just because this thread needs more pics.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, as long as pointless questions are being theorized on without effect:

Most of the stuff I find at the outlets has an interior tag that states something like "Polo Retail Europe." However, all other indications (hangtags, prices, etc.) indicate that they are from the US market. Is there a different RRL line made for European consumption, is this stuff the same as home market stuff but made for EU, or is this just a standard tag that means nothing?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
RRL has gained a lot of ground in the past two years and once it hits Barney's this fall the brand will gain even more recognition in the US.

What is this you speak of? RRL has been at the barneys here since at least last fall.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
What is this you speak of? RRL has been at the barneys here since at least last fall.
The "rumor" is that over 50% of the denim at Barney's this fall will be RRL. They're also buying into the rest of the collection. So while RRL has been at Barney's, it'll seem microscpoic compared to what you'll see this fall.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the selvedge oxfords, there the best shirts that they make. I have 3 of them

stylo 9000

Reaction score
So does the Georgetown Rugby store also sell RRL jeans? I've been thinking about getting a pair. Where is the closest place to get them from Georgetown?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads