• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite and least favorite nicer watch brands

Mathew J

Reaction score
Just curious what everyones favorite and not so favorite watch brands are in the higher end segment...

Speaking for myself, I loved Rolex then hated them and now I like them again, always have liked Omega but for some reason never had the draw emotionally for me that Rolex does even though I should like them more given you get way more watch for your money and they are as nice if not nicer than many others, and I love the higher end nicer brands but can never bring myself to sell my Submariner for one of them as the service costs are a turn off...but if money was no object I would have at least a JLC, IWC, or GO....

Thanks

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite: Sinn, Omega, IWC

Least favorite: Rolex, Panerai

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Tags a lot. Though they dont get much love from the watch snobs, I've always liked tags since I was in HS. So I bought one when I graduated from college and started making real money. Then I picked up a couple more over the yrs. I just picked up the F1 chrono from chronoshark yesterday and it will be my daily watch.
I've had a love/hate/love relationship with Rolexes as well. I always thought that Rolex was the pinnacle of watches until I became better educated about watches in general...so I didnt think that Rolexes were all that for a while...but I ended up getting a datejust and I just think its a fabulous time piece.

Least favorite is Ebel. They just dont do anything for me.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolexes are the Wayfarers of watches. Nice, but too much of the herd's tastes.

East Oakland

Reaction score
Least favorite: Tag Heuer

Favorite mainstream brands: IWC / Grand Seiko / Zenith

Best price/quality ratio: Omega / Seiko

Favorite small watchmaker: RGM

marin

Reaction score
Favorites: PP, IWC

Least favorite: Ebel, Piaget

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Omega for the price. Not ridiculously expensive, and overall a good balance of solid sportiness and understated elegance.

To me, Rolex is sort of the Corvette of watches. I know they cost a lot, and I know a lot of people like them, but to me the stigma of being seen with one is a deal-breaker.

eqpablon

Reaction score
Watches that I've owned:

Favorite: Oris
Least favorite: Movado

I still think Oris is one of the best watch values out there, despite the price increases.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite: Vacheron Constantin

Least Favorite: Graham

Toorman

Reaction score
Favorite: Panerai, JLC and Jacquet Droz

Least Favorite: I really don't care if you dislike Panerai so why should you care if I dislike what you are wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads