• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a few 50's rayon ones on Ebay that are made in Japan.

Hellbound

Reaction score
image1web.jpg
This site has the rundown on the history of Hawaiian shirts as well as tones of killer shirt Appreciation. It seems that rayon print shirts were popular from the 30s to the 50s. There are some killer examples shown too. http://www.vintagehawaiianshirt.net/ Just killer

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any info on these ones made for the Japanese market? I would love to find one that would fit me; I need like an xs.

Hellbound

Reaction score
Hmmm I dont know how easy it'd be to find xl japanese made hawaiian shirts. Dont they tend to make the majority of clothes in smaller sizes? This place has some killer shirts.http://www.thehanashirtco.com/ A google search of vintage hawaiian shirts will turn up some hits I think. The fun of this stuff is hunting for it. Good luck.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Hmmm I dont know how easy it'd be to find xl japanese made hawaiian shirts. Dont they tend to make the majority of clothes in smaller sizes? This place has some killer shirts.http://www.thehanashirtco.com/ A google search of vintage hawaiian shirts will turn up some hits I think. The fun of this stuff is hunting for it. Good luck.

It says XS, not XL. Regardless, a Japanese S would probably be the equivalent of an American XS. I see stuff like this all over Yahoo Japan all the time ...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
WUT?
There is a difference. Rayon is man-made fiber, made of reprocessed cellulose, such as from wood pulp. Synthetic fibers, such as Nylon, polyester, acrylic, etc. are made from polymers.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an interest of mine, but I always jump at a the chance to post The King.

elvis_presley-getty_images-blue.jpg

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
that's twice you've quoted the same simpsons episode.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Any info on these ones made for the Japanese market? I would love to find one that would fit me; I need like an xs.
History Preservation Hinoya And you can just search for "aloha shirt" on Rakuten. Warehouse seems to make a lot of them.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Flat Head Hawaiian shirt today. So nice and lightweight, but my wallet is so much more empty now. I like the fit on it a lot but it is really short in the body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads