• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing my RRL straights until I want more of a tailored fit (about a month and a half between wears; I am getting significant stretch in these), then I am washing them cold inside out then tumble drying them low. I am seeing some fading now, but I am wondering if I should try a warm, hot wash (not inside out) to maximize fading in the next wash.

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
some of their fade pattern is spot on.
i wish i could get a pair of faded that fit me

i just bought a pair from tj max, they were distressed but for 15.00 i couldn't say no. Besides, the fades are pretty damn good.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
LA PEOPLE: Just got word that RRL on Melrose will be having a sale-kickoff party on the 9th. It will be an unheard of 30% OFF with an extra 15% given from 6-9pm. Yeah. There should be drinks and food as well. I don't think they'll be taking phone orders so you better start booking your plane ticket down here.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Low Striaght and stretch??

I am looking to pick up 2 different washes. In the raw one rinse, I am assuming these will see a good amount of stretching? So size down one.

I also saw a great pair that has some built in fades, so is assuming these pre washes will stretch less correct? Or should I size the pre wash the same as the raw rinse?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Low Striaght and stretch?? I am looking to pick up 2 different washes. In the raw one rinse, I am assuming these will see a good amount of stretching? So size down one. I also saw a great pair that has some built in fades, so is assuming these pre washes will stretch less correct? Or should I size the pre wash the same as the raw rinse?
Size one down on the Low Straight. Washes tend to be more TTS and stretch out minimally.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am so pissed I didn't hear about the LA sale.

why can't I be in the know like all the cool people

redmanca

Reaction score
Here are some crappy pictures of my two pairs of RRL jeans. I've had them both for about four or five months.

jeans-002.jpg

Top pair is slim boot cut and bottom pair is straight cut.

jeans-001.jpg

Thanks for helping this trad (think J. Press and not BoO) pick out some great jeans.

Conor

redmanca

Reaction score
Probably the straight cut. The boot cuts fit great but are a little tight on my giant calves. The fit on them is probably a little more SF approved, but I often prefer the looser fit of the straights (again, being inclined to old J Press and BB sacks).

Conor

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on my RRLS

So I like my straight jeans a lot. Quality of the denim is great and I think I am getting the fading results over time. The issue is after a wash and wearing them out,t the come to fit perfectly in the seat/thigh, but the waist stretches too big, and the leg opening gets kind of big. The jean seems to get longer too (i.e. after a wash, I barely need a cuff, but after wearing it 5 or 6 times, I need an inch of cuff).

For my next buy, I am debating about

- Buying the low straight in the same size
- Sizing down on the straight

I like the idea of having a straight fit and a low straight to alternate the fits...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Update on my RRLS
but the waist stretches too big

tighter belt might fix that

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than the rise is there a significant difference between the straights and low straights in terms of slimness? Is it a noticeable amount?

paul_s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Other than the rise is there a significant difference between the straights and low straights in terms of slimness? Is it a noticeable amount?
The thighs seem about one inch slimmer on my low straights than they do on my regular straight legs. It is pretty noticeable.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh

I bought the low straight recently after having tried on the regular straight. Same waste size - the straights were much slimmer. Fit me perfect. that said, the regular straight was a pretty decent fit, but I preferred the low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads