• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Watches - Underrated?

Wrigglez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mercretas
Here's my version of the Spirit. I switched out the band but I love it. It can't be beat for the price.

BlueSpark-1.jpg

God that is a beautiful watch. i have a seiko chronograph from about 4-5 years ago and i love it, it hasn't missed a beat (in fact it hasn't needed a battery change either) but i wanted a watch without all the cronograph stuff just a simple one, and that one looks perfict. time to go shopping.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madaboutshirt
so is Seiko the equivalent in watches as Lexus in cars?

regardless I'd never buy a Japanese watch, still deciding about Lexus, it does have a nice interior...

The high-end, Japan-only Seiko is just as good as any Swiss watch.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
I'm going to start checking there every day to see if they come up with a sale on a watch I just have to try. Thanks for the link.

Originally Posted by justlooking
If you like Orients, check out http://www.orientalwatchsite.com/

They're selling a similar black face version of the watch you linked for $69.

I've been watching it daily to see what else I can pick up.

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
I really like how this watch looks. Only place I could find it was on sunnywatches.com for about 300 dollars, and I'd have to bring it in from Europe. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get one online in the US?

Seiko Chronograph Military Watch 100m
SNN077P1

all over ebay.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 1961 King Seiko, a similar quality/vintage Swiss will run you 2 to 20 times as much as I paid for this. Been checking it against my Citizen radio Controlled and it gains about 8 seconds a day. Not bad for a nigh on 50 year old watch eh?

KS1.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fang66
My 1961 King Seiko, a similar quality/vintage Swiss will run you 2 to 20 times as much as I paid for this. Been checking it against my Citizen radio Controlled and it gains about 8 seconds a day. Not bad for a nigh on 50 year old watch eh?

KS1.jpg

A beauty to behold!

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pandamonium
I really like how this watch looks. Only place I could find it was on sunnywatches.com for about 300 dollars, and I'd have to bring it in from Europe. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get one online in the US?

Seiko Chronograph Military Watch 100m
SNN077P1

Seiko automatics are cheap as hell and very good quality for the money. I have two from the SNK8 line and am very happy (~5 seconds time lost per day), and my SKX007 is in the mail.

Search eBay for "SNN*" and you'll find tons under watches. Many of the sellers are in SE Asia but have good reputations on the watch forums. Premierworld and Pokemonyu are two I've purchased from and their product is genuine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-CHRONO-WID...1|293:1|294:50

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madaboutshirt
so is Seiko the equivalent in watches as Lexus in cars?

regardless I'd never buy a Japanese watch, still deciding about Lexus, it does have a nice interior...

No, Seiko is the equivalent to Toyota in cars. They have the run-of-the-mill mass market watches and then they have the Grand Seiko, which is equivalent to Lexus. But that said, their mass market mechanical watches stand shoulder-to-shoulder with their more expensive, upper market Swiss brands.

Put it this way, I'd rather own a Seiko mechanical watch than any low to mid tier Swiss watches(e.g. Logines, Tag Heuer, most Omegas, Rado etc).

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go for the Japan-only Seikos, they're far better than the mass produced Seikos you'll find in your average US etc. store. I, too, would much prefer one of these high quality Seikos (or Citizens for that matter) than many Swiss brands.

jbmarine

Reaction score
P1000118.jpg
[/IMG]

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbmarine
P1000118.jpg
[/IMG]

Sugoi kirei (very beautiful in Japanese)
Noice (very beautiful in Australian)

jbmarine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fang66
Sugoi kirei (very beautiful in Japanese)
Noice (very beautiful in Australian)

Thank you. It really is one of, if not, my favorite watch. I just find it very elegant.. even when compared to my other, more expensive ones.

Funny you mention Australia btw, that's where I got it!
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads