• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
news: Alternative to Clubmasters....

LaFont Byron

I cant find anything on the internet butI just saw them in another trade magazine. Looks quite similar. I dont know if they are released yet though. They have the top half of the frame is acetate as well as the temple. The bottom of the frame is metal, as well as the bridge.

I will post pics when I find some.

Get on it!

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddykgb45
Does anyone know what kind of shades these are? Obviously aviators, but who exactly makes them? I am not so sure. http://media.cardplayer.com/image/d/...2_Large_-2.JPG
I'm no expert, I'd guess OP Farrell ("Gold with pink quartz mirror?"), since OP makes lots of colorful gradient lenses like that. The temples look like they may be OP as well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
sunglasses-OP-robe-OlToMi.jpg
Just picked these up yesterday. A little more squared-off then what I usually wear, but top notch in construction. They definitely match my parka & scooter. They retail for something around $400, but an NYC resale shop had them for $62.50. Badda-bing!

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I dot know if youre serious but if that tickles your fancy, Chanel has a pair like that....

Yhea I was kidding.

sdotmiles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Thoes look ugly imo.

point taken. i see so many thin wire frames in this thread and for some reason those types do not look good on me. can anyone suggest some good stylish shield or thicker frame type sunglasses?

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdotmiles
point taken. i see so many thin wire frames in this thread and for some reason those types do not look good on me. can anyone suggest some good stylish shield or thicker frame type sunglasses?

Goto your local sunglass store and try on a few pairs, see what works. Thick frame, Wayfarer style works well on most faces. Theres several variations of the Wayfarer style.

Or you could always go with the Oakley sport style glasses, but as some on here will say, that style has been out since the 90's.

I like the Club Master syle as well, but not everyone can pull it off.

Really the best thing to do is go out and try on glasses and see what works for your face.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
again, there are tons that style. From $5 kiosk sunglasses to $400 designer. Although, personally I think shiny silver and mirror coated lenses look cheap....my personal opinion.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdotmiles

I think shields are starting to phase out. Not many designers are making them. They are starting to be phased out.

If you are looking for thicker, there are a lot of different companies that make thick ones. Just about every company makes them.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Goto your local sunglass store and try on a few pairs, see what works. Thick frame, Wayfarer style works well on most faces. Theres several variations of the Wayfarer style.

Or you could always go with the Oakley sport style glasses, but as some on here will say, that style has been out since the 90's.

I like the Club Master syle as well, but not everyone can pull it off.

Really the best thing to do is go out and try on glasses and see what works for your face.

If you want Clubmasters, but something a bit more currect, look for a store with Lafont. They just released one that is similar in style. If you are looking for something less expensive and similar, Roots just released one. Roots isnt my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Oakley's are starting to look more like Motocross/Dirt bikers style. Some are cool but some are super overkill.

If you are looking for Wayfarers but looking for a "brand", look into the new Pradas. They have them in matt colors (black, red and gray).

veneficus5

Reaction score
cheap is exactly the look I want. I don't want $500 professional looking glasses. I want these oversized black glasses with the white accent that look like a joke smothered in awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads