• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mens Casual or Dress Pant with Boot Leg Cut - Is this Impossible to find?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their last few new releases have all been the shorter inseams...i think it was a mistake in the manufacturing process..not anything specific to straight leg

bcx

Reaction score
Anyone have measurements of the leg opening on these Bonobos pants?

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcx
Anyone have measurements of the leg opening on these Bonobos pants?

First post! Thanks for all the great help over the last year SF!

I'm hooked on bonobos - I have approximately 8 pairs that I've accumulated over the past year or so. The bootlegs are approx 9 3/4" at the opening, but when you hem them you lose some of the flair.

Can definitely vouch for the quality and great stying - really hope these guys succceed!

lpresq

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with sizing on the Bonobo Khakis? Should I order my jean size or traditional trouser size? For ex., I wear 33-34 in Diesel jeans, but there is no chance that I can get my a*& into a pair of 34 Borrelli trousers.

shasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Anyone have any experience with sizing on the Bonobo Khakis? Should I order my jean size or traditional trouser size? For ex., I wear 33-34 in Diesel jeans, but there is no chance that I can get my a*& into a pair of 34 Borrelli trousers.

The Khakis are cut a bit slimmer then the rest of their lines. I'd imagine you'd probably be one size up, but you can either 2 pairs (order one of theme a size up) and send the one you don't like back!

leadstylist

Reaction score
I'm with you... I'm so over this slim/tapered nonsense. I'm a 34 but I have a healthy rear and I look like one giant butt in slim pants. Ugg, I'm so ready for this trend to end. I'd almost be cool with the "rave" style pipe pants coming back.. Almost. Why can't a guy find a decent pair of boot cut dress pants? FML

leadstylist

Reaction score

It's a good style for people who wish to allude to the 70s in the US the or 80s and 90s in China. Obviously for many these associations are negative and tapered has been the thing for the last couple of years. For YSL it is a signature style that keeps returning:
ysl-fall2008-3.jpg
ysl-fall2008-1.jpg
Perhaps these would be categorized more as a wide-leg or flare than bootcut.

leadstylist

Reaction score

It's a good style for people who wish to allude to the 70s in the US the or 80s and 90s in China. Obviously for many these associations are negative and tapered has been the thing for the last couple of years. For YSL it is a signature style that keeps returning:
ysl-fall2008-3.jpg
ysl-fall2008-1.jpg
Perhaps these would be categorized more as a wide-leg or flare than bootcut.
These are BEYOND Fantastic!!!! Want want want...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads